• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest POTAWIE vs. muskymojo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect meal! Just gimme some more buns!

Okay I lied! One more pic before the final entry!
Cross section of the footlong
024.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Muskymojo's Smoked Brisket Chili on a Smoked Spicy Cheesy Footlong (long title I know)

Sausage:
Ground pork shoulder
Some extra pork fat
A whole library of spices (loosely based on a classic polish sausage recipe)
Carribean Red flakes from Spicy Chicken
Super Chili flakes from Spicy Chicken
Vidalia onion
Garlic
High temp cheddar cheese
Natural pork casings
Cure

Smoked with mesquite chunks for a few hours and finished on the grill

Buns:

Sugar
Yeast
Water
Milk
Veg oil
Salt
Unbleached all purpose flour
Diced orange habs
Diced jalapenos
Diced serranos
Carribean Red flakes from Spicy Chicken
Super Chili flakes from Spicy Chicken

Baked

Chili:

Flat brisket injected and marinaded with Lake Superior Oatmeal Stout, water, worchestershire, brown sugar, oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, soy sauce, crushed garlic, diced onion, and strong coffee.

Rubbed with onion powder, salt, garlic powder, paprika, brown sugar, black pepper, SC's Carribean Red and Super Chili powder, and finely ground dark coffee

Smoked for 7 hours and diced

Added the brisket meat to diced onion, garlic, homemade chili powder, cumin, tomato paste, yellow mustard, worchestershire, brown sugar, Sc's powder, and water.

Everything topped with shredded cheddar cheese and diced onion and jalapenos.

ENJOY!

017-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

Both look amazing! You have to look at the process pics in this one folks that's where the real magic is... banana leaves vs. homemade bread and sausage, and some killer Q pics.

Damn another toughie!

Potawie's apple/maple pulled pork

I started with a pork picnic roast, injected it with apple juice, maple syrup, salt, y7 powder and some Worcestershire sauce.
After a few hours I applied a dry rub of: Brown sugar, paprika, yellow 7 pod powder, salt, pepper ,garlic, onion powder then onto the smoker. After many hours of smoking with hickory and cherry there was finally a good bark. Now I wrapped the pork in freshly picked banana leaves, added some apple juice and maple syrup, then tied it off and smoked some more.
After pork cooled it was pulled and homemade bbq sauce was added made of:Leftover rub, maple syrup, cider vinegar, ketchup and y7 powder.
At last its thrown on a bun with some slaw made of: red and green cabbage, bishop's crown peppers, cider vinegar, mayonaisse, and salt & pepper

smoker throwdown 013 by potawie, on Flickr

smoker throwdown 021 by potawie, on Flickr

That looks delicious! I would eat it 6 days a week! Nicely done man!

Absolutely amazing!! Musky had me over for dinner and that was easily one of the best meals I have ever had. The smoked brisket chili topping on the smoked cheese polish sausage in the homemade hot pepper bun was to die for. It was aboslutely amazing. An awesome spicy meal with a lot of good beer made for a super Sunday! I am sure that POTAWIE's entree was as delicious as it looks but this dish is hard to beat. :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back