• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pot Size

If you are planting in the ground you may want to spread them out a little more 1' is way too close, minimum would be 18" - 2'. In pots you can put them closer as you can spread them out more as the season progresses, plant them too close and the grow into each other and begin competing for light, it also makes it harder to harvest your pods.

I use 13 litre builders buckets £1.00 each from B&Q and get very good results.
020.jpg
Six foot high Naga Viper in builders bucket.
0042-10.jpg
some of this seasons plants in builders buckets.(before you comment plants are only this close together while they are small)

Wow that is an impressive plant. So 5 gallons isn't entirely necessary I guess. What are you feeding them with?

If you are planting in the ground you may want to spread them out a little more 1' is way too close, minimum would be 18" - 2'. In pots you can put them closer as you can spread them out more as the season progresses, plant them too close and the grow into each other and begin competing for light, it also makes it harder to harvest your pods.

The plants would only be 2 maybe 3 deep so I should be able to reach all the pods, plus I heard the clumping effect was good as it made cool zones beneath the canopy or some such idea? Its basically a case of have 1 plant in a 3 foot stretch of soil or 2. While the 1 plant may have more room to grow, surely two plants with half the room would still produce more (this is the wisdom my father imparted after years of tomato and vegetable growing).

Another thought I'm having is getting 2-3 gallon bottomless buckets and sticking these on the ground, thus is the plant wants to stretch deeper it can keep going.

Wow that is an impressive plant. So 5 gallons isn't entirely necessary I guess. What are you feeding them with?

The plants would only be 2 maybe 3 deep so I should be able to reach all the pods, plus I heard the clumping effect was good as it made cool zones beneath the canopy or some such idea? Its basically a case of have 1 plant in a 3 foot stretch of soil or 2. While the 1 plant may have more room to grow, surely two plants with half the room would still produce more (this is the wisdom my father imparted after years of tomato and vegetable growing).

Another thought I'm having is getting 2-3 gallon bottomless buckets and sticking these on the ground, thus is the plant wants to stretch deeper it can keep going.
Chempak

Back