• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

container Poor Mans Containers

So I wanted my sprouts in containers, couldent afford enough buckets though... and I have read that bottom watering is better, so I made me some poor mans bottom watering containers I bought some 16oz styrofoam cups and here is what I did... any input would be appreciated!

The Cups
2011-04-22115955.jpg

Poke some holes in the bottom
2011-04-22120019.jpg

2011-04-22120027.jpg

Put in some potting mix
2011-04-22122211.jpg

Put in the peat pellet with sprout
2011-04-22130617.jpg

Fill rest of the way with potting soil
2011-04-22131034.jpg

And repeat
2011-04-22131028.jpg

2011-04-22131022.jpg

They don't care about fancy as long as they get their light, good soil and no wet feet. Neither do we just :hot:

Bet you can't wait

I stab that stick up the bottom of the cup a couple of times too

They don't care about fancy as long as they get their light, good soil and no wet feet. Neither do we just :hot:

Bet you can't wait

I stab that stick up the bottom of the cup a couple of times too
i had them outside in the sun for about 4 1/2 hours then brought them in side.. now the patio is in the shade and i got them out there again.. will definitely poke some holes in the bottom though :D there are caribbean reds, cayennes, a black pearl, and a devils tongue. Waiting on the yellow t. scorpions, white habs, and bhuts to sprout

Those cups will work great until the fourth or fifth set of leaves, then you need to pot up. they will get root bound in those very quickly. I hope you can get some larger containers soon, kitty litter buckets, cheap five gallon buckets, something that holds between 3 and five gallons. Just make sure there are holes on the bottom, and there are no bad contaminates like petroleum oils, paint, or chemicals.

You can get all the 5 gal buckets you want for free just ask at deli,restaurants, fast food places and markets. you won't believe how many you can find just for asking

Those cups will work great until the fourth or fifth set of leaves, then you need to pot up. they will get root bound in those very quickly. I hope you can get some larger containers soon, kitty litter buckets, cheap five gallon buckets, something that holds between 3 and five gallons. Just make sure there are holes on the bottom, and there are no bad contaminates like petroleum oils, paint, or chemicals.

yeah i can get other containers, just no cash today... but its good to know when i need to move them... thanks!

Back