• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics podpipers pepper pics

POTAWIE said:
I used to make my own mix in a cement mixer but unless you find a good deal on materials, you're not really saving much money
Hamra is free, I get it around where I live. used to buy humus, but now I get mine from a friend who makes it and perlite is damn cheap. $2 of perlite for every 100 large pots.
Buying soil all the time will cost ya big money.

EDIT:
You will get dirty searching for the "good stuff", but it's worth it.

Your plants look great Dale. You're waiting until June to plant? You have a lot of patience, but it's smart. I'm itching to put a few in the ground, but it's not of much value. They just sit there anyway. I've had my plants outdoors in containers for 10+ days now hardening off. I may put some in the ground in 7-10 days. It'll take a while to get them all in so most likely it'll be last week of May before I get done.

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
Your plants look great Dale. You're waiting until June to plant? You have a lot of patience, but it's smart. I'm itching to put a few in the ground, but it's not of much value. They just sit there anyway. I've had my plants outdoors in containers for 10+ days now hardening off. I may put some in the ground in 7-10 days. It'll take a while to get them all in so most likely it'll be last week of May before I get done.

Chris

Yes Chris, these 40 degreee nights have me a little leary of getting them outside. I will be finishing my irrigation system today so I will be ready when the weather is right.

Dale

Looking great Dale i wish i was as succesful as that. I am down to 9 plants from my original 16. I am actually thinking about giving up til next season.Or maybe sneaking into your yard and taking a few at night :lol: kidding of course
Tom

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
Looking great Dale i wish i was as succesful as that. I am down to 9 plants from my original 16. I am actually thinking about giving up til next season.Or maybe sneaking into your yard and taking a few at night :lol: kidding of course
Tom

Tom what's happening to your plants? Are they actually gone or are they just not doing well?

Dale

Dale
Gone dropped dead. But I think I know what the problem was
and I have started them over reseeded (hey its Michigan I have time :lol:) It was either a soil problem or a drainage problem and a possible over fert. But thanks to you I can replant again thanks for the seeds. My remaining plants from my 1st planting (bhut naga fatalii etc) all look great and bushy I probably will take a pic tonight and post it.
Tom

Don't kill them with kindness, let them dry out and do not fertilize unless they show signs of a deficiency. I know some will disagree with the fert thing but last year I do not think I used ferts until I hardened off because I knew nothing about how to use them. We do not live to far from each other if need be I think I may have some extras at plant out time. We can maybe work out a deal. You help me plant out 300 plants and you go home with some plants. LoL. :shocked:

Dale

I gotta agree #1 problem, most people overfertilize thinking it will help but it never does and often kills or weakens the plant when straight water would be fine

Dale
I just may have to take you up on that offer!!!:lol:
most well all that died was my 1st plantings my plants now from 2nd and 3rd planting are doing much much better now that I have a handle on things :)in fact took some pics gonna go post em now :lol:

Back