• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Please Identify My New Plague

I can’t seem to get a break. Every two weeks it’s a new critter or bacteria or mold. So far this season I have had leaf miners, powdery mildew, bacteria blight, aphids, spider mites, worms and grasshoppers. Is there really anything left. Today I came home to my Jalapeno Plant leaves covered in this. So far this has been my healthiest plant in the bunch.

I have been using both Neem Oil and BT every 2 to 3 weeks to control all the other pests I have had to battle with, so I'm very surprised to see a new guy in town.  

Whatever it is it’s stuck to the bottom side of the leaves and eats the chlorophyll all the way through so it looks like tiny holes in the leaf from above. Can someone identify and tell me the cause and cure please. They stick like aphids but the aphids I usually get are black and round in shape, these are tan and irregular in shape. Any help would be appreciated.

I dunno man...and I don't live too far from you??? Look like eggs in the pic...are they doing anything but adding ugly to the plant? I can stand a little ugly as long as the plants stay otherwise healthy.

Ok I'll go with aphids. And yes the black ones are aphids too. I have had them identified several times to be sure. So why isn't the Neem Oil keeping this new "Tan" batch away. What do you use for these type of aphids???

Upcloser picture?  Doesnt look like the aphids I get, the tend to clump more and not eat all the way through the leaf.

Back