• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

please explain Mr Conway Twitty

just finished watching some family guy and this dude with the hair kept cropping up.
Is there something other than being a really really morose country singer that we should know about?!

No, occasionally you can find you way again. I usually get lost again around 3 weeks after a really good psychadelic experience...then I have to do it all over again to find my way.....

That's like retracing your steps :lol: except its not as much fun going the same way back I tend to take a left, a left, a left and a left continuing where my journey "left" me off.

To answer your q, as far as I know, this is all about the singer, probably because his appearance would seem funny nowadays.

Chiliac said:
To answer your q, as far as I know, this is all about the singer, probably because his appearance would seem funny nowadays.

Yea that could be it, i was just wondering if there was some sort of in joke that would only make sense to americans

I know what you mean, so I just wiki'd it to be sure:
On Family Guy episodes "Bill and Peter's Bogus Journey" and "Peter's Daughter", clips of Conway Twitty performing on Hee Haw were shown, because of their comic or perhaps ironic value to modern audiences. :cheers:

Conway Twitty. Old school country, great voice. Backup band 'The Twitty Birds". Was a rock'n'roll/ rockabilly singer in the late 50s before going straight country. Recorded some duets with Loretta Lynn.

I like to listen to the likes of Conway Twitty while drinking American whiskey. Also like George Jones, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams and Willie Nelson.

The writers of "Family Guy" probably just thought his name sounded funny. It does.

Moving to "Music and Movies"

just finished watching some family guy and this dude with the hair kept cropping up.
Is there something other than being a really really morose country singer that we should know about?!

Come on now....you are wearing a dress...give the legend his due would ya?:D

It is a fine dress though...and suits you well:clap::):clap:

Back