• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pink Tiger seedlings... which one to keep?

Pr0digal_son said:
That bottom pick is more like it,light purple striped with dark purple. Why is everyone taking photos of them unripe?

So the really pretty pics (white with purple stripes), those are unripe?

Spicegeist said:

So the really pretty pics (white with purple stripes), those are unripe?
I was just going off of the photos Denniz posted. The white/peach pods may be ripe,seemed like the purple ones were thew fully ripe ones. I always notice a difference in what I think is ripe,and what truly is. Like brown vaieties typically will go auburn inside if left to ripen 100%.

I believe these are not fully ripe
I can ask the grower himself
According to the grower. Black and purple.. then finish off cream....
According to the grower. Black and purple.. then finish off cream....

These seem to be the pepper of choice to talk about for the past year or two , but how are they taste wise? Yea they look bad arse but it's all about the flavor for me. I really haven't heard anyone say these tasted amazing or anything. Kinda like the Royal blacks. They look cool but taste bitter and gross. 

Can anyone enlighten me or flavor?

D3monic said:
These seem to be the pepper of choice to talk about for the past year or two , but how are they taste wise? Yea they look bad arse but it's all about the flavor for me. I really haven't heard anyone say these tasted amazing or anything. Kinda like the Royal blacks. They look cool but taste bitter and gross. 

I'm wondering the same thing...also, is this the only non ornamental pepper that has such a beautiful color plant?

D3monic said:

The ones I tried last year had, for lack of a better description, a mild Bhut Jolokia taste. Which was exactly what I had expected from the PdN/Bhut cross.
Heat was a couple of notches down from the Bhut too.
Over all, I thought it tasted good enough that I saved the seeds and am going to try growing it myself this year. 

Mine came up both purple (almost black) plants and green also. They grew up to be 3'-4' plants. As they got big they lost some of their darkness in their leaves. The pods were all very dark purple/black. I didn't see any striping on mine but it could have been there I just didn't notice they were so dark. To me they had a bhut taste to me. 

Here's one of my pink tigers. All of mine look like this. I hope they throw the desired pods, but even if they don't I think they are some of the prettiest plants I have grown :)

image.jpg

Back