• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics Phil's Pepper Pics (2011)

Those spots just look like a bit of sunburn to me. I have quite a few leaves that have that and I just picked some of them off.

Just a little update. Still no ripe peppers but a few are getting ready to change colors finally after weeks on the plants. No super hots yet.

Hot Cherries look so ready to turn red finally.

Cajun Belles are getting to be the size of small apples, I didn't realize how big the fruit get.

New to the grow log, Hungarian Hot Wax with fruit finally, it dropped the first set.

Also new, Caribbean Red Hab with a nice set, hopefully they don't drop in this heat!

-Phil

Went on a vacation for a few days, found many new pods when I came back and checked things out! Got some really heavy rain while I was gone which was nice. This summer is turning out to be amazing for peppers, normally it would be too hot in my area for much production in June.

Cayenne 'Long Slim'
DSC05810.jpg

Thai
DSC05807.jpg

de Arbol
DSC05837.jpg

Thats great Phil! Its funny how we dont notice the day to day growth so much,,but leave for a few days and WOW!!

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, yes it was amazing to see the growth in 3 days instead of one day at a time. Had a freak thunderstorm and the plants loved it.

Been a while, got a little update. Had some nice weather for the last week or two but it is getting hot again. Still waiting on any hot peppers but I have been enjoying the early ones. A number of things are getting ready to ripen. This is fun for me because I have not tasted a lot of the peppers I grew. Going to be eliminating a lot of them from next year's list to grow some hotter varieties.

Thai Bird's Eye got a bigger pot and loves it. Buddy of mine tried to pop one of these in his mouth seeds and all, claiming with smirked brow and shit eating grin that he was a "heat-head." He got the hiccups immediately before running for the sink a minute or two later, the hiccups lasted for a long time in which I laughed at him. The peppers were getting smaller prior to the potting up, now they are back to the normal 3/4 inches.
DSC05934.jpg

Caught the neighbor snapping pictures of this Hungarian Wax, I appreciated it. I had picked 3 peppers from the base right before this pick, decided I should take a picture of the plant when I noticed how many damn pods there were.
DSC05914.jpg

I have to water this Aleppo (AKA Halaby) every day in its little pot but it is producing heavily considering the size. The pods are getting larger than I expected.
DSC05926.jpg

DSC05925.jpg

These orange Habs will be the first super hots from my garden.
DSC05931.jpg

Caribbean Red pods arrived after weeks of blossom drop, excited to see those.
DSC05923.jpg

This 10 gallon pot is absolutely not large enough for a NuMex Big Jim, I think the pod size will be impacted, but there are a LOT of them! This is the only pepper I have tied up so far because I am worried about branch breakage.
DSC05913.jpg

Hot Cherries with their strange growth pattern, it is like the pepper is a the growth tip and then the plant branches just below it. The stems of the peppers are extremely thick, guests keep saying they look like mushroom peppers, not cherries.
DSC05900.jpg

-Phil

Back