event Peppers at the Beach event, 5/15-5/16, everything's a GO!

Ok, as many of you may already know, the Defcon Crew has teamed up with Peppers, a hot sauce superstore located in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, for the first annual Peppers at the Beach event, a large scale tailgate party with a bunch of new and old manufacturers of various forms of heat. Everything is now set, and it looks like we'll be having quite the turnout. Many new companies will be appearing for the first time, which is always awesome, as well as some of the more well-known personalities like Blair Lazar and Captain Thom.

There will be some local vendors on hand as well, and all vendors have been given the OK to bring their grills, to cook up food for the masses. NASCAR recently changed the Dover Downs race to this weekend, and many of the outlets, that surround Peppers are holding a sidewalk sale that day as well, so the crowds should be HUGE. Saturday night there will ba a party for all in attendance at a local joint. We will be having a Deathmatch at some point during the weekend, for those that dare, and there may be other competition eating events as well.

Due to Race Weekend, nearby rooms are not the easiest to find, and are a little pricey. However, Brian Meagher, from Hot Sauce Daily just put out a podcast with his information on it, if you need his help finding a place to stay. The podcast also interviews myself and Chip Hearn, and gives a little insight to the whole gig, you can hear the podcast here:
http://hotsauceweekly.com/?powerpress_pinw=132-podcast

We look forward to seeing a bunch of you guys this weekend, one thing we ask, come hungry!​

Thanks for the update John. I look forward to the trip out there and seeing old and new faces. I will be there Friday evening with Passow(who is arriving before me to visit local brew establishments). If anyone is going there early and wants to meet up, my email is buddah@iloveitspicy.com. There will be a blogger's table thanks to Brian of www.Hotsaucedaily.com.

We're leaving the Defcon Compound at about 4am Saturday morning. I just hope the traffic around Dover Downs Raceway isn't too bad. This event has morphed into something I think will be a big hit. I'm just praying for good weather.

Absolutely! I've been keeping a close eye on the weather for the last day or so, and it looks to be perfect! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

T-Minus 45.5 hours until the Defcon Crew hits the road!

Aw, now I'm jealous that I'm not going! Sorry but you guys are stuck with just Johnny this year! Hopefully next year we don't have scheduling conflicts :o)

xox wish you all a good time!

Wheebz will be coming on Sunday morning, but I and another friend will be arriving Saturday morning. Looking forward to meeting lots of folks. See you all there!

There will be a rolling video here and there, and hopefully some people will be willing to do some on the spot reviews. I will also try to shoot the Deathmatch. I look forward to finally meeting ya Jay. Nicole, tis a shame. It won't be the same without ya.

I plan to do a little THP press and with THP's blessing, procure some reviews for the site whenever we are up and running in that department. I also plan to do a lot of sampling, drinking, and eating. :lol:

We will need someone to shoot the Deathmatch video for us, if anyone would like to volunter. Not sure which day it will be, but as soon as I can conscript enough victims, I will be able to unleash the agonizing blissful pain.

Oh, and I might just have a couple vials of Zero available for purchase, I have like 5 left.

Lookin' forward to this, looks like the weather is going to cooperate 110%!

DEFCON Creator said:
We will need someone to shoot the Deathmatch video for us, if anyone would like to volunter. Not sure which day it will be, but as soon as I can conscript enough victims, I will be able to unleash the agonizing blissful pain.

Oh, and I might just have a couple vials of Zero available for purchase, I have like 5 left.

Lookin' forward to this, looks like the weather is going to cooperate 110%!

John, I was going to do it anyway, so I am willing to share it. I should be able to get it posted Tuesday morning the latest.

Thanks Buddah. After all the b*llsh*t with last years video of the Jungle Jims Deathmatch, I try to have my own copy. We'll talk.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of the heaviest picture/video coverages of one of these kind of events in a long time.

John, you will have no trouble getting a copy from me. Parker gave a website where you can download video right to your computer. So as soon as I have it up I will send you all the necessary info to give you a copy.

Ok cool. I just spoke with Chip, they are slamming the local advertising, and have a bunch of articles out about the event this weekend. Many people have asked where the parking will be. There is a lot they procured about 100 yards away.

I will be bringing my camera to take pictures as well.

I will only be able to be there sunday though.

What time does everything start on Sunday? I have quite a bit of a drive from Lancaster, PA, and I want to know what time I should leave in the morning

It goes from 10-6 on Sunday, same as Saturday. Remember, there will be NASCAR traffic. DO NOT take Route 13, that's the main entrance, take Route 1 at all costs! Saturday there won't be as much race traffic, as it's the Supertrucks running, Sunday is the main race day (for all those who don't follow NASCAR).

First day was a defintie hit. The wind was a tad strong, so we ended up taking off the tarp on the tent. Needless tp say myself and The Wife Unit are a bit sunburned. Pretty good show by many new vendors who ejoyed getting their feet wet with their first show. Pretty good customer turnout as well. Couldn't get enough takers for the Deathmatch, most people just stared in fear at me when I asked them if they wanted to compete.

Gettin' ready to do it all over again today.......

Back