vendor pepperlover.com

I ordered my seeds through Judy after doing quite a bit of searching around. Her selection is excellent, the order shipped quickly and without errors, the prices are reasonable, and included in my order were 3 free gifts of seeds, including the rare Trinidad Scorpion Mourouga. Overall, I was more than happy with my experience and plan on doing future business with pepperlover.com. In fact, the only quibble I have, and it's a minor one, is that there were some grammatical and spelling errors on the website, which is less than stellar, but I'm not buying the website so I really don't care personally, just thought I'd mention it playing devil's advocate.

Thanks Judy!!

just got my Pepperlover seeds for 2016.
Experiences - always beyond service and FREE shipping WORLDWIDE! i don't pay a cent in shipping and it comes to Japan in one week, always with extras.

This time i have some Princess Faten and Bobs Pickling as extras - which i cant find any information on at all. But hey, grow down brah!

Pepperhorizon said:

just when i press pepper seeds, i expect to see seeds for sale, not the homepage.

When you hover over the 'Pepper Seeds' button there should be a drop down menu...that's where you select the type of seeds you are looking for.

I'm curious as to how the Lava and Choc Brainstrain projects are going. Yes both have gotten "out"  but would love to get seed direct from Judy to compare. I've still never seen many people's Lavas look anywhere near the gnarliness of Judy's. And her Choc/Black Lavas look completely badass. Hope she gets back to her usual form next year. I currently have everything from her site that I want.

Scorched said:
I'm curious as to how the Lava and Choc Brainstrain projects are going. Yes both have gotten "out"  but would love to get seed direct from Judy to compare. I've still never seen many people's Lavas look anywhere near the gnarliness of Judy's. And her Choc/Black Lavas look completely badass. Hope she gets back to her usual form next year. I currently have everything from her site that I want.
Yeah, I was really looking forward to her chocolates that she prepped us for last year.
Going through chocolate withdrawal now.

The red lava Sherwood produced in 15 season were spot on
I germed some seed and they popped in 4 days

Scorched said:

georgej said:
just got my Pepperlover seeds for 2016.
Experiences - always beyond service and FREE shipping WORLDWIDE! i don't pay a cent in shipping and it comes to Japan in one week, always with extras.

This time i have some Princess Faten and Bobs Pickling as extras - which i cant find any information on at all. But hey, grow down brah!
Same thing happened to me when i ordered and got some freebies. Send Judy and email and she'd be glad to give you info on the seeds she sent you.

rkempston said:
Same thing happened to me when i ordered and got some freebies. Send Judy and email and she'd be glad to give you info on the seeds she sent you.

If you have that info and could post it I'd be much obliged.  They are varieties I am not familiar with and the archivist in me says "you must have them".  ;)

SmokenFire said:

If you have that info and could post it I'd be much obliged.  They are varieties I am not familiar with and the archivist in me says "you must have them".   ;)
i didnt get those two specific varieites when i ordered, But i did get a Turkish Bisbas Pepper seeds. I had never heard of them before so i gave judy an email and she gave me some info about heat and pod size. Im sure shell do the same for anyone who gets odd freebies.

Once again Pepperlover.com comes through. Affordable, efficient, and always more than I ask for. I was looking for some sweeter, less hot peppers this time around so I ordered
Cumra Cherry
Tekne Dolmasi (a huge Turkish variety)
Aji Cereza (PL exclusive cherry)
and of course the heat seeker in me had to have the Peach Congo, another PL exclusive creation

It seems I got profiled on my order because I received some freebies that I mentally set aside for my next order:
Aji Amarillo
Hot Beads
White 7 Pod

I am a pepperlover fan for life :dance: :dance: :dance:

Now I just need to make more space in the garden........ :rofl:

I placed an order with pepperlover for the last of my seeds for the year.

Jonah's yellow brain (PL)
White-Peach (PL)
Peach 7 Pod (PL)
Ají Calabaza (PL)
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga (Yellow)
Peach Bhut Jolokia
Trinidad 7 Pod white

looking for unique takes on classics, plus I've been curious about Aji calabaza for awhile now.

The email shipping notification includes links back to the individual peppers on her page making it easy to keep track. I thought that was pretty cool.

Shipping was free, and fast usps. Standard envelope padded with paper towel, the pepper packets were taped together with packing tape.

All of the packets included plenty of seeds, more than generous amount, and they mostly look to be in good shape, plenty of viable seeds.

She threw in 2 varieties that I didn't order as a bonus. Cumra cherry, and hot beads, excited to try them.

0212161055a_Hagrid_zpsbd17hl0i.jpg

I will certainly be doing business with pepperlover again.

Hello guys, I'm new here and this is actually my first post. The reason I posted here is because of the awful experience that I experienced from buying from Pepperlover.com. I've even read all of the reviews that was in this thread and a majority of them was stunningly good but my experience was the opposite of it. The seeds that I bought from Pepperlover was 1) reaper 2) moruga scorpion 3) trinidad Jonah and I've received 2 extra free seed gifts from the vendor as well. All in all, a good initial impression. However, the 40+ seeds that I tried to grow (I didn't grow the 2 free seed gifts because they weren't what I want) had a very low success rate to seedlings. Only 9 of them made it to the seedling phase while slightly more than half of the 40+ died due to fungal growth on the seed. The remaining half germinated but still died because their cotyledon leaves were rotted from the inside of the seed case. I've contacted the vendor about my unfortunate experience and I hope that they will remedy the situation.

resili626 said:
Hello guys, I'm new here and this is actually my first post. The reason I posted here is because of the awful experience that I experienced from buying from Pepperlover.com. I've even read all of the reviews that was in this thread and a majority of them was stunningly good but my experience was the opposite of it. The seeds that I bought from Pepperlover was 1) reaper 2) moruga scorpion 3) trinidad Jonah and I've received 2 extra free seed gifts from the vendor as well. All in all, a good initial impression. However, the 40+ seeds that I tried to grow (I didn't grow the 2 free seed gifts because they weren't what I want) had a very low success rate to seedlings. Only 9 of them made it to the seedling phase while slightly more than half of the 40+ died due to fungal growth on the seed. The remaining half germinated but still died because their cotyledon leaves were rotted from the inside of the seed case. I've contacted the vendor about my unfortunate experience and I hope that they will remedy the situation.

I don't think Judy needs a lawyer, so i'm not gonna play that role: i'm only saying that i would wait her answer (which i'm sure will arrive) and, meanwhile, make sure that those seedlings did not die due to an error of mine, before bashing her publicly with my first post on THP.

resili626 said:

Nope.

You really can't blame the seeds for fungus issue when others have not shared your difficulties.
Peppers are _very_ easy to over-water, and damping fungus is something most have experienced at one time or another.
80% of the noobie "My plants are dying!" posts suggest the person in growing plants in a swamp.

Keep the seedlings in a dry, bright environment, with _just enough_ soil moisture and I promise your problems will vanish.

Geonerd said:

Nope.

You really can't blame the seeds for fungus issue when others have not shared your difficulties.
Peppers are _very_ easy to over-water, and damping fungus is something most have experienced at one time or another.
80% of the noobie "My plants are dying!" posts suggest the person in growing plants in a swamp.

Keep the seedlings in a dry, bright environment, with _just enough_ soil moisture and I promise your problems will vanish.

That is why I posted here to find out why despite the overwhelming positive reviews from this website, my experience was different. I started the seeds with the paper towel / peat pellet method. So half of them was started with light misting of water on a piece of kitchen paper and put into a ziplock bag while the other half was placed into a peat pellet, as per standard procedure. A week+ later, I opened the ziplock bag and unfolded the paper to discover that the seeds had yellowish fungal growth on them and I had to discard the entire thing. The peat pellet performed slightly better because at least some germinated successfully while the majority of them succumbed to fungal growth / their cotyledon leaves rotted while still inside their seeds.

In contrast, the seeds that I have purchased from a vendor who I shall not name here in case I am misunderstood as being an attacker of Pepperlover / promoter of the said seed vendor, germinated completely and succesfully without any problems despite me using the same method and treatment. Thus, 

Guitarman said:

I don't think Judy needs a lawyer, so i'm not gonna play that role: i'm only saying that i would wait her answer (which i'm sure will arrive) and, meanwhile, make sure that those seedlings did not die due to an error of mine, before bashing her publicly with my first post on THP.
It is unlikely to be caused by human error, as I did the exact same thing to the seeds from the 2 different vendors.  

I used to get the fungal issue a good bit back when I used the paper towel method. Regardless of where the seeds came from, even commercially sold ones. went away when I started direct planing into cup.

resili626 said:
A week+ later, I opened the ziplock bag and unfolded the paper to discover that the seeds had yellowish fungal growth on them and I had to discard the entire thing.
I don't use this technique, but it is my understandind that the ziploc bags must be opened daily, to introduce more oxygen. Were you doing this?

mikeg said:
I don't use this technique, but it is my understandind that the ziploc bags must be opened daily, to introduce more oxygen. Were you doing this?

Yup, I didn't close the ziplock bag fully. Left a small opening for them. However, I did not sterilise the seed by submerging them into chamomile tea as some YouTubers suggested. That may be the reason why there were fungal growth but I didn't sterilise the seed from the other vendor either and they grew fine. 

Update: It has been 3 days since I've emailed her and I've not received a response from her. 

Back