• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pepper ID Question

This was a spare plant that I didn't have any room for, so I plopped it in the ground between my peas and beans because I cannot willfully kill a plant. It's a moral thing.

Picture of the pepper on the plant.
ef647030.jpg

The end of it forms like a little mouth, and my camera is useless for pepper picture taking indoors. Stupid camera phones...
978cf3a6.jpg

And the plant, with a bunch of new ones coming in. Some without the little mouth.
91e1d83b.jpg

Any ideas as to what this weird little character might be? I believe he was listed as a Tasmanian Hab, which would make sense since more than half of my Taz seeds ended up being something else.

And the picture quality makes me feel like I need a new camera. :)

Wish I could help napalmxv3 but alas I cannot. What does surprise me is the size of the pods are huge for a pepper that grows upright. That doesn't seem normal for a pod that big. Good luck with it. How's the flavor/heat?

Never got to try one. He went soft on my within like 2 days and I had others to try, lol. Waiting for another to ripen up for me. It sure smelled hot though. It's such a beautiful pepper, I'd like to figure out what it is so I can get a hold of more. Unless it's a random mutt pepper..

Back