• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2015

Okay, time to get the 2015 grow season underway!

Round One seeding 01/01/15, 3 seeds per plug x 2.  Dates are hook dates (as of 2/5/15).

In Jiffy Plugs:
Roatan Pumpkin……………………………...Honduran Market seed, 3rd generation………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 2….…100%
Congo Trinidad Yellow……………………...Sanarda, 3rd generation…………….……………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 3, 1/12 x 1……………..…84%
Fatali x Red Savina………………………….Spankycolts, 4th generation………..…….…..1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1,1/20 x 1….100%
Yellow Scorpion……………………………..Spankycolts, 4th generation……………………………..1/10 x 5, 1/11 x 1……………….……..…100%
Scotch Bonnet TFM………………………...Trippa, 3rd generation…………………...……………1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 2…….…100%
Scotch Bonnet, chocolate………………...GaGrowhead, 2nd generation……..1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, red…………………………….Spankycolts, 3rd generation………...……….1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/14 x 1, 1/15 x 1…..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, chocolate…………………….GaGrowhead, 2nd generation…………………………..1/15 x 1,1/18 x 1…………..……………….33%
Mystery Cross……………………………….Trippa, F3………………………………………..1/9 x 3, 1/10 x 2, 1/22 x 1………..……...…………100%
Jamaican Red Habanero………………….Devv, 2nd generation…………….………….....1/9 x 2, 1/10 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Primo………………………………………...MGold, 2nd génération………………………….1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/14 x 1, 1/28 x 1, 2/5 x 1.…100%
Goronong……………………………………Trippa………………………………………………………..1/7 x 2, 1/8 x 3, 1/11 x 1……….……….100%
Bonda Ma Jacques x 7 Pot, yellow……..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/7 x 1, 1/8 x 3, 1/9 x 2………………...100%
Naga Brain, yellow………………………..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/8 x 2, 1/9 x 2, 1/10 x1, 1/11 x 1…….100%
Datil………………………………………….Romy6, 2nd generation…………………………………1/11 x 1, 1/17 x 1,1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1………67%

In Aerogarden: 3 seeds per plug except Cabe Gendot, 2 seeds.
Cheiro Recife………………………………Stickman, 2nd generation………………………….……….1/17 x 1, 1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1…………..100%
Lemon Drop………………………………..onefowl1………………………………………………………1/20 x 1……………………………………33%
Cabe Gendot……………………………….Trippa…………………………………………………………1/16 x 1, 1/28 x 1…………….…………100%
Inca Lost……………………………………Peppermania 2012, 2nd generation
Charapita………………………………..…Stc3248, 2nd generation

Plants already underway - top, Aji Amarillo, peruvian market, 3rd generation. Bottom, Orange Manzano, Stc3248, 3rd generation:
_DSC2532a_zpsee89d223.jpg

_DSC2531a_zps1428910a.jpg

Tristen's F3 Mystery Cross (Are those awesome or what?)

Yes, indeed!  

I love  the look of white peppers and those are so white!  What are the taste and heat like?
I may have to hit you up for seed.  I could make a beautiful sauce from peppers that color.

cone9 said:
Tristen's F3 Mystery Cross (Are those awesome or what?)

Yes, indeed!  

I love  the look of white peppers and those are so white!  What are the taste and heat like?
I may have to hit you up for seed.  I could make a beautiful sauce from peppers that color.
Hey Anthony, how's it goin', buddy?

The F3 are very hot to me, but have a not unpleasant flavor.  Definite c. chinense taste,
but with some more floral or fruity flavors.  Every generation of this cross has been very
hot, from F1 red, F2 yellow to the F3 ivory.  Will be most interesting to see what happens
in the F4 generation.  Tristen said he'd like to send seeds out starting with the F5
generation.  Since I'm growing these out for him and it's his cross, I'll respect his wishes
on that.  I'll be growing lots of these next season, so there will be plenty of F5 seed when
the time rolls around.  I suspect Tristen would like some more growers at that time to get
in on the grow.  If it continues to be a large purple plant with white pods, that would be
awesome!

WOW Paul really enjoying this blog, your plants are fabulous. I'm starting to enjoy pods of the seeds you shared with me. The small peach Bhuts are killer, unbelievably HOT for such a small size. The Scotch Bonnet TSM X Red Annum has been a joy, wildly different pods, all quite tasty though and very productive. Thanks again for sharing your grow, photos are just fabulous!

fiogga said:
WOW Paul really enjoying this blog, your plants are fabulous. I'm starting to enjoy pods of the seeds you shared with me. The small peach Bhuts are killer, unbelievably HOT for such a small size. The Scotch Bonnet TSM X Red Annum has been a joy, wildly different pods, all quite tasty though and very productive. Thanks again for sharing your grow, photos are just fabulous!
Thanks, Sandra!  Sounds like  you are enjoying your harvest a lot.

charlesquik said:
Wow Paul those pods are nice and you sure got a creative way to show them! keep up the good work
Thanks for the kind words, Charles!  The hot summer weather
really kicked some of the plants into high gear.

Just for keeping tack of things, the latest harvest.  Some plants are just about done,
and will be pulled in a couple of weeks, I think.

Second batch of Primos.  Still at least this many on the plant.  Has thrown some nice phenotypes:
IMG_1310a_zpswte96t53.jpg

Bonda Ma Jacques x Yellow 7 and a few Bhut Jolokias:
IMG_1307a_zpsuolhfsw7.jpg

Bhut Jolokia hybrid, purple foliage:
IMG_1311a_zpskp1cw4wt.jpg

Costeño Amarillo, Scotch Bonnet - a couple of nice phenotypes, Thai Pepper:
IMG_1313a_zpsb1bbwhz6.jpg

Datil.  Still at least this many on the plant:
IMG_1312a_zpslt7x4yio.jpg

Scorpions:
IMG_1308a_zpsutaz5srf.jpg

Brown Eggs, NagaBrain, Red Habanero, 7 Pot Barrakapore:
IMG_1314a_zpsq3jsnbqb.jpg

Goat's weed, white flower, Big Goronong (seed) Pod, Brainstrain (6 pods this year):
IMG_1315a_zpsfook7tm4.jpg

Tristen's F3 cross:
IMG_1316a_zps9azlhrtb.jpg

Seed pods into the dryer.  Clockwise from top; Scotch Bonnet, BrainStrain, F3, Datil, Primo, Barrakapore, Bonda x
Yellow 7, Scorpion:
IMG_1318a_zps4f16r199.jpg

I can really see the season winding down.  Probably be pulling 1/3 to 1/2 of my plants by mid-September.  A few
varieties will keep trucking on.

Jeekers Paul... you're gonna be rolling in powder this winter! I'm lovin' all that color! Your Chiero Recife pods  got a little bigger than mine did... mine were only dime-sized, yours are almost as big as quarters. Good on ya!

Wish I could make it up to the PNW chile fest, but have a great time yourself.

Last minute teaser for NWCF... See what's on tap.

Always room for one more!  Just go to this post and
scroll on from there!  

:dance:  We're getting close now, not to late to come camp out!

Pulpiteer said:
It took me awhile to catch up - but one beautiful harvest shot after another!  That's been a great season for you Paul!

Thanks, Andy.  Only your boss to thank for the bountiful harvest this season!

PeriPeri said:
Truly awesome harvest pics Paul! You have had an amazing season... those do really make it all worth while!

And there is more to come my friend.  I'm sure we'll be picking pods
when we get back from ChiliFest on Sunday!   :party:

stickman said:
Jeekers Paul... you're gonna be rolling in powder this winter! I'm lovin' all that color! Your Chiero Recife pods  got a little bigger than mine did... mine were only dime-sized, yours are almost as big as quarters. Good on ya!

Wish I could make it up to the PNW chile fest, but have a great time yourself.  Thanks, my friend.  I'd love to shake your hand there!

I think the hot June weather going right into a hot summer is to thank
for that, Rick.  I see the benefit of a real May to September/October
growing season; probably has spoiled me!

charlesquik said:

:rofl:  Good one, Charles - made me laugh!

It's always an eye pleasure walking into your Glog Paul, That NWC weather sure does wonders for your plants. Just eyeing all those Chinense specimens makes me want to grow em but then with these 100+ temperatures that we have is no bueno for the flowers.

PaulG said:
Thanks, Sandra!  Sounds like  you are enjoying your harvest a lot.

Thanks for the kind words, Charles!  The hot summer weather
really kicked some of the plants into high gear.

Just for keeping tack of things, the latest harvest.  Some plants are just about done,
and will be pulled in a couple of weeks, I think.

Second batch of Primos.  Still at least this many on the plant.  Has thrown some nice phenotypes:
IMG_1310a_zpswte96t53.jpg

Bonda Ma Jacques x Yellow 7 and a few Bhut Jolokias:
IMG_1307a_zpsuolhfsw7.jpg

Bhut Jolokia hybrid, purple foliage:
IMG_1311a_zpskp1cw4wt.jpg

Costeño Amarillo, Scotch Bonnet - a couple of nice phenotypes, Thai Pepper:
IMG_1313a_zpsb1bbwhz6.jpg

Datil.  Still at least this many on the plant:
IMG_1312a_zpslt7x4yio.jpg

Scorpions:
IMG_1308a_zpsutaz5srf.jpg

Brown Eggs, NagaBrain, Red Habanero, 7 Pot Barrakapore:
IMG_1314a_zpsq3jsnbqb.jpg

Goat's weed, white flower, Big Goronong (seed) Pod, Brainstrain (6 pods this year):
IMG_1315a_zpsfook7tm4.jpg

Tristen's F3 cross:
IMG_1316a_zps9azlhrtb.jpg

Seed pods into the dryer.  Clockwise from top; Scotch Bonnet, BrainStrain, F3, Datil, Primo, Barrakapore, Bonda x
Yellow 7, Scorpion:
IMG_1318a_zps4f16r199.jpg

I can really see the season winding down.  Probably be pulling 1/3 to 1/2 of my plants by mid-September.  A few
varieties will keep trucking on.
Nice Harvest!

The Pacific Northwest ChiliFest was awesome!  'Pops' giving OrganicPepper the thumbs up on the Chow Mein:
IMG_0345a_zpsyekcaukz.jpg

Plan for next year now - the first weekend after Labor Day at the
Kanaskat-Palmer State Park in Ravensdale, WA.  Reservations can
be made at the Washington State Park Reservation site starting right
after New Year's.  It would be great to see more folk there.  If you live
close, it can be a day outing to a very nice park.

dragon49 said:
Nice Harvest!
We were blessed this season, indeed.

organic pepper said:
Paul, Those peppers you brought out to the camp out were truly amazing! Thanks for sharing some with me.  Cheers Pal!
My pleasure, brother!  Always great to meet up with a fellow vet chili head.  
And thanks to you and your posse for the most awesome pig roast at the ChiliFest!  
That was over the top, my friend.  What fun!  I'm sure there will be a picture thread.

Take care, Aaron!

compmodder26 said:
Awesome pepper harvests Paul.  The pics are beautiful.  

Brian!  Thanks, buddy!  It's been a season, for sure, in our neck of the woods.  
We are going into a real Fall weather cycle now - showery with cloudy days
and much cooler nights.  I'll be cutting some plants down during the dry spells.

I hope things have been good out your way.

Thanks, Ron - next season will be here before we know it!

Back