Paprika?

Hello peoples,

What are your favourite varieties to make paprika?

I'm not thinking of hot or super hot, mostly just mild to mid level heat and even non-hot capsicum varieties.
(Is regular non-hot pepper talk normal in these forums? I like all kinds of peppers.)

Do you guys usually mix different varieties together for your paprika or are there varieties that are typically 'go to' varieties?

Have a great day. :)  :onfire:

Here's some:

Sweet - Papri, Bacskai Feher, Feher Ozon
Mild - Black Hungarian, Szeged, Szegedi 80
Medium - Kalocsai V-2
Hot - Leutschauer
Very Hot - Sibirischer Hauspaprika

You can try them straight up, or do some blends - up to you.

Paprika is fun! You should try a few.

DownRiver said:
Here's some:

Sweet - Papri, Bacskai Feher, Feher Ozon
Mild - Black Hungarian, Szeged, Szegedi 80
Medium - Kalocsai V-2
Hot - Leutschauer
Very Hot - Sibirischer Hauspaprika

You can try them straight up, or do some blends - up to you.

Paprika is fun! You should try a few.

Yes, i will be experimenting. :)

Dr. Weird said:
How about varieties like Chilhuacle Negro, Poblano or Pasilla?
I actually have Chilihuaca plants, but they initially never brown fruits.  They came out like mini green bells.  Then again, I could have just bee to impatient.

Chorizo857_62J said:
I actually have Chilihuaca plants, but they initially never brown fruits.  They came out like mini green bells.  Then again, I could have just bee to impatient.

I wouldn't know, i'm growing some for the first time myself, if they're like Poblanos they probably start green and then get darker?

Dr. Weird said:

I wouldn't know, i'm growing some for the first time myself, if they're like Poblanos they probably start green and then get darker?
That's what I am thinking.  Plants are flowering again, so hopefully I will have pods soon.

Chorizo857_62J said:
That's what I am thinking.  Plants are flowering again, so hopefully I will have pods soon.
Mine have just started turning in mass.  They will turn dark brown to almost black.  I think I have pictures on my glog.  

A pic of the Ahi Dulce. Probably sideways.  Get over it.

Attachments

• 20180212_133350.jpg
    20180212_133350.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 88
Back