• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Overwintering Scorpion Pepper, advice needed

Hi All, 

This is my first year overwintering. I've done most of my SRP's which was fairly straight forward since they have several branches low on the stalk. The Scorpion plants only have a handful and they are more spread out I'm just not sure how far down to cut them, has anyone overwintered theirs and can make a suggestion ? 

Thanks

PS When you guys take the overwintered stuff out and start feeding them ? I'm in S. Cal so our season temps are not usually freezing. 

Laheat said:
Hi All, 

This is my first year overwintering. I've done most of my SRP's which was fairly straight forward since they have several branches low on the stalk. The Scorpion plants only have a handful and they are more spread out I'm just not sure how far down to cut them, has anyone overwintered theirs and can make a suggestion ? 

Thanks

PS When you guys take the overwintered stuff out and start feeding them ? I'm in S. Cal so our season temps are not usually freezing. 

So are you overwintering outside/in ground?

Laheat said:
The Scorpion plants only have a handful and they are more spread out I'm just not sure how far down to cut them,

I've overwintered plants without cutting them and let nature decide what to trim as the stems died/turned brown I would cut the dead sections off and in the spring Mother Nature did her thing with regrowth.... 

kSrUrrg.jpg

4EwaKhK.jpg

1I9TwZc.jpg

pmVEvnF.jpg

UclBQHs.jpg

Back