• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Over Board ! ! !

I usually only plant about 20 Peter Pepper seeds in my little 10 x 20 backyard garden. Along with Tomatos, Corn & Sunflowers. So with the Drought here in Middle N.C. So I thought I would go all Peppers this year........WELL There Is The Problem ! ! ! !
I have 15 trays of 72 Pods. So Now I have 1080 Pepper pods I have to find a place to plant.....

1. Calfornia Bell
2. Jalapeno
3. Peter Red
4. Peter Orange
5. Fatalii
6. Saraeno
7. Trinidad Perfume
8. Naja Morich
9. Bhut Joloka
10. Brazilian Starfish
11. Bishop Hat
12. Cayenne
13. Habanero Chocolate
14. Jamaican Hot Chocolate
15. Chocolate Scotch Bonnet
16. Jamaican Red Hot
17. Congo Trinidad
18. Devil's Tongue
19. Limon
20. Pumpkin Habanero
21. Naga Joloka
22. Hamanero Long Chocolate
23. Habanero Caribbean Red.

Way Over Board ! ! !

Come in slyone, have a seat. We're just getting started.

"Hi, my name is Pam, and I'm a capsiholic."

Who's next?

Nice list, btw.

at least i managed to only go from ten to twenty nine, but i gave two away already so i'm making headway... i'm gonna have a plant table at my spring garage sale, that's my suggestion to you. pick a few from each variety to keep then find good homes for the rest.

If there's a half-decent way to ship them, I might take some off you if you're looking to get rid of a couple. I didn't plant enough this year!

Sell them on e-bay and label each one as the World's Hottest Pepper - the elusive Malaysian 7-pot Jolokia Dragon.:onfire:

Mike

POTAWIE said:
There must be a reason you started so many in the first place?

Yes there is a Reason........By Reading the Post in this Forum. I guess it is like Eating......My Eyes are bigger than my Stomach.........LOL

It always starts off slow... the pepper is a "gateway vegetable." haha. First its just 5 pepper plants. Then you have 10 pepper plants. Then you have 5 tomato plants as well. Then it keeps growing and growing. Then all of the sudden you have 100 pepper plants and 100 tomato plants and you look back and ask yourself how that happened. :)

Well
I have 580 sq ft garden and already I have 120 peppers and new 72 in germinator
not mentioning tomatoes approx 30 I will plant in middle of march
I was just reading and ordering new varieties to try.
Well I guess I will use peppers for landscaping
Imagine sidewalk and little "flower bed along made from Tabasco
:onfire:

What I have done was raise 65 plants of all kinds but started to see I was going to run out of space QUICK. So I told some of my friends about them of course. Well I made a deal with 4 of them. I give ya 3 plants (my extras) but in return I want some chillies in return especially good mature pods. The one thing is I really want to see which one does vest. Out of all these friends they all have diffferent growing methods. One does nothing but pots, another on a farm in the country, another in town and small growing area, and another in totally sand type soil. And myself with very clay sand soil with some in ground, raised beds and then in containers. It s going to be interesting. And if some of mine don't make it maybe theirs will.

andy999 said:
Well
not mentioning tomatoes approx 30 I will plant in middle of march

I like the sidewalk theme Follow the tabasco road, Follow the tabasco road :lol:

slyone1000 said:
Yes there is a Reason........By Reading the Post in this Forum.

*shakes head sadly*

The true addict always blames someone else for his addiction.

andy999 said:
Well
not mentioning tomatoes approx 30 I will plant in middle of the march

Tabasco plants are really lovely. They get tall, and are covered in tiny upright peppers. They look like giant candelabras.

Pam said:
Tabasco plants are really lovely. They get tall, and are covered in tiny upright peppers. They look like giant candelabras.

I had one Tabasco flower pot last year
this year I planted 25 Tabasco plants
what was I thinking
man even 100 plants is a lot for my small backyard
well I have to develop a plan what where and than sell this to my wife ,neighbor's are alt ready looking at me like a weirdo,

Nice looking list Slyone, I'm growing about ten of the varieties that you are. I've gone over-board too with just over 40 varieties. BTW I like your avatar, it's my joint favourite one along with GB's.

Back