• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting Our little harvest

Hi all! I just thought I'd share one of our little harvests with you....Plants have been on the smaller side this year but the pods have been plenty.

I hope you enjoy!

Heres a few
12022009171.jpg
[/IMG]

And a few more.

12022009172.jpg

lotsa cooking to do!:mouthonfire:

Doing much better than me so far, although I had a very late start to the season. Looks great!

How many of those are being kept for seed?

good start to the season Scorpion...hope you have many more before it's over..

stillmanz said:
very nice what varieties you got going?

Cheers guys! I've got a few happening...alot of different habs, aji's and the regular super hots, I think though ive got around 30-40 varieties happening. I started late though..good fun any way!:onfire:

McGoo said:
Doing much better than me so far, although I had a very late start to the season. Looks great!

How many of those are being kept for seed?

Those ones are all sauce pods ive just started protecting pods for seed (tea bags and material):mouthonfire:. Most of my sauces have heaps of pods so I need a heap to keep up...need about 4 times that much before winter i rekon!

He he....Yes they have all benn test subjects at some point in time...quite funny...I wish i had recorded each reaction lol! The kids in the street love it. They fly down and want to try different chillis...great fun!

This little guy (Named Boondy...love that name LOL) is certainly an iron man! He can handle whole orange habs! Madness...Says The indian pc 1 was a little too hot though! He's only four!!!! Chilli children of the future!

03112008087-1.jpg
[/IMG]

22112008107.jpg
[/IMG]
This was at the start of season.

Wow, thats impressive,looks like you have some cooking to do, and what a great set up you have out back.
Your son is a cutie!!

chilehunter said:
looks like a good harvest, but you should of shown us the pods w/o being in the plastic bags.

Yeah for sure....I harvested those a few weeks ago and froze them (sauce pods)....then thought oh...i'll show the chilli heads!!! Got lazy!:P:onfire:

no problem, we get the idea as to what they are.
but you know, we all like to see the pods, especially us northerns since we have no pods or plants outside :(

are you having a good season or an average season with chiles this season ?
do you plan on using those pods together in some sauces or make a sauce with each chile type , or color ?

chilehunter said:
are you having a good season or an average season with chiles this season ?
do you plan on using those pods together in some sauces or make a sauce with each chile type , or color ?

Ive got my standard sauces that I market, 'Wrath of God' "habanero concentrate' and several others. Most of my sauces have heaps of pods in them so they will all get used in the various ones I do. I guess though I grow mainly to my recipes. My season has been ok...had alot on my plate so it could have been better but still have 7kg of pods in the freezer. im going to post a few before and after pics of my garden in a minute so have a look.

All the ebst mate:onfire:

The start of the season here:
22112008110.jpg
[/IMG]

just a few minutes ago:
13022009174.jpg
[/IMG]

The above is taken from a more front on angle.

Som aji Habs here:
13022009179.jpg
[/IMG]

Our late hab patch that will be in a green house in a month or so.
13022009177.jpg
[/IMG]

We have more established habs out the back....bhuts and dorset nagas over the road..as I have run out of room....bihs and bhuts down the side! All good fun!

TriniHottie said:
Nice Garden...

Thanks very much...im gonna :onfire:build another bed ...another one! This morning. Ive decided to have a few beds dedicated to certain varieties...then come winter these beds are going to be turned into little hot houses to keep them going! FUN:mouthonfire:

Very nice! I really like seeing peppers growing outside given that it'll be some months before ours even think about going out. The snow is mostly melted here and we heard the geese in the last few days...no matter what that darn ground hog said I think winter is about done in our area...or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Back