• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

Ornamental Peppers Sauce

Hi all
Just wanted to say that, I always wondered about these peppers ..I like Tabasco Peppers the way they ozz and give that certain look and texture...BUT this yr I tried the Ornamentals and was impressed ..they don't give any color it comes out totally clear but they do give the Great flavor and very good taste ...I usually just use a white vinegar a little salt and just keep them in a cool place and they do there thing ...I am not a pro like we have on THP we have some very good peeps here ..But I just wanted to share this with all...Thanx Dave

Love to hear that! I have Aji Omni, Pequin, and Wild Brazils up and running...along with a ton of other stuff...I eat my ornamentals all the time. Some are hot, some not. I also dry them for flake and add some smoke dried Jalapeno and Habanero to it with a little garlic salt and onion powder...delicious! I have several different varieties of Red Missile's that produce so many pods I'll never run out of flake...and still have enough left over to make ornamental ristras out of the leftovers.

have you ever eaten wild brazil yet your in for a trat if you have not

i make suce with my ornamentals, there great for adding color

your red misstle sound like my SANGRIA there down rigyht crazy producers

a dried a large amount of them this year and using them to thicken sauces and add color

thanks your friend Joe

have you ever eaten wild brazil yet your in for a trat if you have not

i make suce with my ornamentals, there great for adding color

your red misstle sound like my SANGRIA there down rigyht crazy producers

a dried a large amount of them this year and using them to thicken sauces and add color

thanks your friend Joe

No I haven't, we had pequins wild in our yard as a kid. I also have a couple Tepins going, and hopefully I can get my Peruvian White Hab going also. I got a ton of other stuff up and running...but I have wanted to get some Pequins going since I left South Texas where they grew wild everywhere. We had one in our backyard that was taller than the house!

No I haven't, we had pequins wild in our yard as a kid. I also have a couple Tepins going, and hopefully I can get my Peruvian White Hab going also. I got a ton of other stuff up and running...but I have wanted to get some Pequins going since I left South Texas where they grew wild everywhere. We had one in our backyard that was taller than the house!

i hope you wont mind me saying this but the wild brazil taste better than pequins,imho there my favorite of all hot peppers top of the list, the flavor is unique your gonna love um

thanks your friend Joe

Back