• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Omri's 2011 Grow List

Hey guys (and gals), I made this thread to share my "other" grow list, but mainly to get some feedback and suggestions for more stuff to grow. currently seriously injured and got people to help with this, but hopefully will be able to go and take care of the plants at some point. will grow these plants in a large area belonging to my family. as of now started growing only several of them, but soon will continue to plant the rest.

The plants I was able to obtain seeds and/or cuttings of:
  • Argyreia nervosa
  • Artemisia absinthium
  • Heimia salicifolia
  • Hyoscyamus Niger
  • Ipomoea tricolor var. FS
  • Ipomoea tricolor var. HB
  • Ipomoea tricolor var. PG
  • Lactuca virosa
  • Lagochilus inebrians
  • Leonotis leonurus
  • Leonotis leonurus var. alba
  • Leonotis nepetifolia
  • Leonurus cardiaca
  • Leonurus sibiricus
  • Lophophore Williamsii
  • Nicotiana rustica
  • Peganum harmala
  • Phalaris arundinacea
  • Rivea corymbosa
  • Salvia divinorum
  • Sceletium tortuosum
  • Silene capensis
  • Trichocereus Peruvianus
  • Trichocereus pachanoi

Plants that I want to obtain seeds and/or cuttings of:
  • Piper methysticum
  • Salvia divinorum (other strains)
  • Synsepalum dulcificum

If you are able to help me in my search, have any suggestion for the grow, adding other plants or just want to comment, you are more than welcome.
Thank you.

PS
I'm sorry for using the Latin names, but it makes it much easier as many of them have similar names and even have the same name as other unrelated plants.

im with gasif, Omri you have some great sounding peppers there although I have never heard of any of them :)
If I had any of those mentioned, I would gladly send to you.

Good luck on your grow and hope you heal soon!

Sorry Omri, I'm not egimacated enough for the latin, but I wish you the best in your recovery. I know you've served your country well.

The plants I was able to obtain seeds and/or cuttings of:
  • Argyreia nervosa - Hawaiian Baby Woodrose
  • Artemisia absinthium - Absinthe Wormwood
  • Heimia salicifolia - Sinicuichi
  • Hyoscyamus niger - Black Henbane
  • Ipomoea tricolor var. FS - Morning Glory (Flying Saucers)
  • Ipomoea tricolor var. HB - Morning Glory (Heavenly Blue)
  • Ipomoea tricolor var. PG - Morning Glory (Pearly Gates)
  • Lactuca virosa - Wild Lettuce
  • Lagochilus inebrians - Intoxicating Mint
  • Leonotis leonurus - Wild Dagga
  • Leonotis leonurus var. alba - White Wild Dagga
  • Leonotis nepetifolia - Klip Dagga
  • Leonurus cardiaca - Motherwort
  • Leonurus sibiricus - Marihuanilla
  • Lophophore williamsii - Peyote
  • Nicotiana rustica - Wild Tobacco
  • Peganum harmala - Syrian Rue
  • Phalaris arundinacea - Reed Canary Grass
  • Rivea corymbosa - Christmas Vine
  • Salvia divinorum - Diviner's Sage
  • Sceletium tortuosum - Kanna
  • Silene capensis - African Dream Root
  • Trichocereus peruvianus - Peruvian Torch
  • Trichocereus pachanoi - San Pedro

Plants that I want to obtain seeds and/or cuttings of:
  • Piper methysticum - Kava Kava
  • Salvia divinorum (other strains) - Diviner's Sage
  • Synsepalum dulcificum - Miracle Fruit
Hope this helps. :)

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks Omri

I was about to start :banghead: translating from Latin to English to Serbo-Croatian :lol: I tell ya it was fun for a while.:lol: Good luck this season, hope to see some pics from your hot garden.

>> Lophophore williamsii - Peyote <<

We go to jail for growing or using this!

Are these plants going into the garden space you talked about a couple of years ago?

Mike

That wormwood sounds very interesting, would take my moonshine to another level :lol: Pretty cool stuff there mate.

Hmmm you may want to add some poppys to that list. There just great. Nicotiana rustica I think I've seen here. Hope you get the others as well.

Thanks Omri

I was about to start :banghead: translating from Latin to English to Serbo-Croatian :lol: I tell ya it was fun for a while.:lol: Good luck this season, hope to see some pics from your hot garden.
Thank you.
Not much of a "hot" garden, but will do my best posting pics.

>> Lophophore williamsii - Peyote <<

We go to jail for growing or using this!

Are these plants going into the garden space you talked about a couple of years ago?

Mike
Well mescaline as a substance is illegal here, but growing the plants for ornamental uses is legal.
Not sure if I ever mentioned this space, as I never grew anything there. it belonged to a business that got shut down.

That wormwood sounds very interesting, would take my moonshine to another level :lol: Pretty cool stuff there mate.
Yes it would.

Hmmm you may want to add some poppys to that list. There just great. Nicotiana rustica I think I've seen here. Hope you get the others as well.
Growing Opium Poppies is illegal and the rest aren't fun. :lol:

Wormwood is easy to grow, I have one in a 1 gal pot outside that I started a few months ago.
So I've heard. thanks.

Not much of an update, but got a hold on some Psychotria viridis (Chacruna), Calea zacatechichi (Dream Herb), Banisteriopsis caapi and several species of Datura seeds.

# Ipomoea tricolor var. FS - Morning Glory (Flying Saucers)

# Ipomoea tricolor var. PG - Morning Glory (Pearly Gates)

Omri,
I would love to trade some seeds of these Ipomoeas once you have seeds from your plants. :)

That's a nice start to your ethnobotanical garden Omri. :cool:

Another nice addition, all legal issues considered, is Tabernanthe iboga.

Also, one of historical interest is Mandragora officinarum, and it's dried roots can be fashioned or displayed in a variety of interesting 'crafts'. ;)

If you are really interested in these types of plants, check out Christian Ratsch's 'The Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants: Ethnopharmacology and its Applications'.

It has close to 1000 pages and probably includes close to every plant that has ever been suspected of having any psychotropic properties, and I was surprised by how many common and unsuspected household plants were included in this enormous tome.

If you are of a philosophical or poetic bent, or even just plumb crazy, i highly recommend the Pharmako Trilogy by Dale Pendell.

http://www.amazon.com/Pharmako-Gnosis-Plant-Teachers-Poison/dp/1562791303

It's suspected he wrote about each plant while he was under said plant's influence, and a lot of his insights are simply brilliant and at other times almost incoherent, but definitely some fascinating stuff in these.

dvg

Very comprehensive and interesting list. You are very brave if you are serious about the scopolamine/atropine plants. What's the status of cannabis growing in Israel?

Somewhat of an update...
Got three kinds of Morning Glory germinated and some Hawaiian Baby Woodrose half way. got a Salvia Divinorum cutting growing (very slowly). Leonotis nepetifolia and Leonurus sibiricus are up and growing really fast. got many other seeds, but just too hard for me without enough help to plant them all.

Another cool thing... I was looking for some Psychotria Viridis seeds and because some reports say they take 6 months to germinate, I looked up for cuttings... guess what! you can actually take a SINGLE LEAF of it and let it root! now it won't actually grow like a plant, but the base of the leaf would grow shoots and those will grow new plants! BRILLIANT! ever seen a plant so easy to take cutting of except for cacti?

psychotria_viridis_rooted_leaves-01_800.jpg

Back