event NWCF IS ALMOST HERE! LETS TALK ABOUT FOOD!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bad news, no green ghost pepper sauce for NWCF....

instead i made two small batches. one 4 pepper and the other a blueberry sauce :P .

I am so done with August :onfire:

Sounds Great, Jerret! Can't wait to try them.

I'll have the 'lectric coffee pot, anyone that want some is free to make it.

Friday dinner will likely be outdoor pizzas (for those doing the throwdown. Been thinking about how to do that, and I think I have a plan....we'll see if it actually works~~~), maybe some ham sandwiches, asian noodle salad, potato salad, and if anyone wants to add anything else, we'll just keep it casual.

Sat. breakfast is zucchini bread (Thanks, Mona!), coffee, maybe some muffins.

Sat. afternoon is the Hot Luck!!!!

Sat. dinner- snacking on leftovers~~~

Sun. breakfast- Biscuits and gravy, snausages, eggs

Anyone have access to some firewood for Friday night and Saturday night?

edit- just got confirmation BigCedar is bringing those yummy chips again. :woohoo:

Okay, Christi - will do. I think I can find 'em!

Jim, you always crack me up, buddy.

Can't wait to hook up with both of you :cheers:

General question. Will there be a cigar friendly campsite?

Okay, Christi - will do. I think I can find 'em!

Jim, you always crack me up, buddy.

Can't wait to hook up with both of you :cheers:

General question. Will there be a cigar friendly campsite?
you are more than welcome to come by my site for a smoke or two throughout the week end. i don't usually smoke but am known on occasion to enjoy a good cigar :lol:

Yes, there are smoke-friendly campsites~~~

As long as we're outside our trailer, anywhere is smoke-friendly.

OH! Does anyone want to bring 48 hamburger buns or stadium roll/hoagie rolls for the pulled pork?

Thanks for the heads up on my glog Ann :)

My Wife and I will be there Saturday. We should get there around 1-2pm and should be able to stay for a little while.
Can't wait, alot of people showing this year.
Were not going to be sick this time either! *knocking on wood"
Also, I havn't heard from Ryan for a long time. I think the reason his inbox is full is because he doesn't visit THP anymore.. I may be wrong.

I have a few questions for you, well everyone really, the yummy tortilla chips I'm bringing..

There's a good 15 to a case.. Would you all like me to bring 2 cases? It's no problem on my end if I do.
To anyone that hasn't tried em, they're literally one of the best tortilla chip you'll ever have.
I'd like all the familys to be able to take a bag or 2 home with them which is why I ask. They're money trust me!

Also, Burger Buns..

How serious is everyone with what kinds of buns? I ask because I could definitely hook us all up with 48+ but some may be the sweet onion buns, some sesame, some potato, some kaiser, etc..
If that isn't a big deal, I would be glad to provide them :)

One more thing.. Ann, do you have a hookup with superhot pods for people to try?

Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone!

Brandon

Brandon, 1 case of chips should be plenty, 2 cases MORE than plenty!, and they will be enjoyed. Thanks for your generosity! Those are some guuuuuud chips!

As far as the buns go, they would be for some pulled pork that's gonna get smoked, and then there will be a couple sauces to serve it with. So any assorted buns would work for a pulled pork sammie. If you would like to bring buns, that would be much appreciated!

I might have 1-2 fatalii pods, I think a couple others will bring samples if they have some ripe pods, and I have contacted an(awesomegrower!) for a sample box of pods. A-list grower, hope to have a primo box of goodies, but will know for sure around Sept 1st.

OH! and speaking of goodies............hope to have a few other treats from a couple other companies to sample!

I am hoping for some ripe pods, as well - I will bring anything
I have ripe when the big day comes! I should have a few
Fatali/Savinas and Congo Trinidads, and maybe a choco hab
or two. Who knows what the ripening weather gods will provide!

BTW Thanks Jerret and Ann; I will bring a few cigars, as well.
I'm like Jerret, but a cigar on the deck on a warm evening with
a nice beer or two is one of my summer pleasures!

Awesomeness...

We will bring firewood. No guarantees it will be enough, it depends on how late we stay up feeding the fire. :wink:
If anyone else can, I would suggest bringing some.
Don't buy it tho, I'll bring as much as I can after everything else is loaded in the truck.
It's like toilet paper and whiskey, you can never have too much.

The bun variety sounds great Brandon, and the chips? Ooolala!
I can't wait to meet you all, this is going to be fun.
Anyone hear from Rich/chileaddict? Haven't seen him around in awhile.

If the TD is in fact "Outdoor Pizza" I won't be havin any of that. To many more ingredients and stuff to bring.
No biggy, I'd rather just chill anyway, Smokin and drinkin with the fellahs.

:cheers:

I believe chileaddict is hiking the PCT (Pacific Crest Trail). Or they may be in New Mexico. They go to Hatch for chiles every year about this time. Not to worry, he'll show up before the party.

Bummer!!! I just read through this post and I am moving up to WA on Sept. 5th, but the park is all booked up! :confused: Only one site reserved for ADA persons. My wife offered to shoot me in the leg, but I am not sure I will qualify as ADA for that. I think I need to do a bit more research. :lol:

Bummer!!! I just read through this post and I am moving up to WA on Sept. 5th, but the park is all booked up! :confused: Only one site reserved for ADA persons. My wife offered to shoot me in the leg, but I am not sure I will qualify as ADA for that. I think I need to do a bit more research. :lol:

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!
I'm looking in to this, if I remember correctly, we are allowed two vehicles and two tents per site.
If that's the case, you're in AND YOU'D BETTER BE THERE!!!!!
I'm looking into it.
Some other friends of ours from Beaverton are also showing interest in coming.

The website says they have a group camsite that accomodates 80 people...
8 tent sites, and no trailers or campers allowed... WTF?

ferget that, we'll figure this out!!!!!

NMorris, you should at LEAST come out for the day,
I know it's two days after your move, but it would be great to hang with you.
Where are you moving to?

Edit. I will have to call the Parks Dept. tomorrow...

I am moving to Bremerton, WA. I think I will come out at least on Saturday for the day, but if I can find a camping arrangement that would be even better since its a bit of a drive. It'd be cool to meet some people up there though since I am going to be new to the area. Let me know when you find out the details. I'd be happy to pitch in on a site!

GUYS! I have an 8 person tent! And a 2 person tent, and the back of a suburban, and a picnic table..... ( PaulG said he likes to sleep out under the stars... ;) ) :lol:

nmorris, that's cool your moving up here. Would the wife come along camping or just you? (shoot you in the leg... :lol: )

So, there's at least 4 guys that could crash in the big tent if needed. I can prolly find the air beds too, if asked really nice~~~ ;)

Here's what the website says- " One camping party is allowed per site, with a maximum of eight people per site. " We might just have to be quiet about it, park cars elsewhere in the park, and just kinda "not leave" in the evening.

I am moving to Bremerton, WA. I think I will come out at least on Saturday for the day, but if I can find a camping arrangement that would be even better since its a bit of a drive. It'd be cool to meet some people up there though since I am going to be new to the area. Let me know when you find out the details. I'd be happy to pitch in on a site!

I live in Port Orchard, like 20 mins from bremerton. great to see more chilliheads in the kitsap area, look forward to meeting you! and i have an extra tent as well that sleeps 3, well 2 comfortably.

so no excuses!! :cheers:

SL... The wife and my family are actually going to have to stay down here in So. Cal for 90 days until I can get insurance through my employer. :mope: Thats why I was so excited to see this chilifest. It'll be something to keep my mind off missing my family.

I am not picky about where I sleep and I'd be happy to bring plenty o' beer to contribute. Let me know. I look forward to meeting some cool people up in WA!

Bummer to leave the family behind for a while, we'll figure out a place to sleep, not to worry.

Yeah I figured Jarret would be the closest to Bremelo town.
This will be cool. It sounds like it will work out.

If you want to try and make it Friday evening, we will be there.
If not, it will give SalsaLady and Chile Juju Saturday to sweet talk the big hansome Park Ranger Rick.
If the Park Ranger is a mean bi**h, we'll send SalsaDude.

I will be getting off work Friday at like 5. I could head out after that. I'll just bring my camping stuff with me to work and head out from there

Scovie, just flash your egg-titties and they'll all be eating out of your hand. :lol:

nmorris, sounds like a plan~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back