• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Not sure what this is, help appreciated

These have shown up over the last 3 weeks. Bonide gets rid of them for 2-3 days, then they come back en masse. Pretty dang sure theyre aphids, but I thought the Bonide would take care of them. Thoughts?

IMG_20120922_150614_zpsaa2fffd9.jpg

IMG_20120922_150553_zps25e49af6.jpg

IMG_20120922_150704_zps37ed7112.jpg

aphids yo.

easiest way to kill them all is imidicloprid imo. soak the soil with like 10ml/gallon.. they all die in 48 hours and stay away for like 4 months.

not organic tho.

About to pull the trigger on some ladybugs. I grow in my Florida room and will probably build a ladybug house with some lure in it to encourage them to stay.

edit - I use the Orchard spray stuff from Bonide that everyone raved about.

About to pull the trigger on some ladybugs. I grow in my Florida room and will probably build a ladybug house with some lure in it to encourage them to stay.

edit - I use the Orchard spray stuff from Bonide that everyone raved about.

Sulphur and Pyrethrins: no residual... pyrethyrins deterioriate with exposure to light and oxygen

In the meantime you can spray once every three to 5 days alternating with a repellent like garlic or peppermint oil.

Sulphur and Pyrethrins: no residual... pyrethyrins deterioriate with exposure to light and oxygen

In the meantime you can spray once every three to 5 days alternating with a repellent like garlic or peppermint oil.

+1 3-5 day treatments is what helped me earlier this season with that same product. As aphids have diff stages and cycles from egg to adult. An the orchard spray doesn't kill the eggs.

I tried malathion my first year growing, and it never killed a satisfactory amount of aphids. plus you have to spend forever spraying the plants underside. stuff stinks too.

imidicloprid is where i landed, and i am forever its cheerleader. just use it early in the season once.... takes like 15 minutes to mix a batch and water it into each pot.

Are these on one small plant, or dozens of large ones?

I was able to solve my aphid problem with a bi-daily squishing session. Just head out there whenever you can and check all the leaves, then get rid of them manually. Of course, that was when they were smaller and only on 2 plants, I wouldn't recommend it for a larger setup.

My second aphid infestation I hardly even noticed before the ladybugs swooped in for the slaughter.

Back