• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

No flowers on Bhuts outside

I have noticed that the Bhuts i have outside look and are healthy but with the heat in az- they will not produce flowers. When i look back a couple years ago i noticed the same thing with the habs. As soon as sept hits i will get flowers watch- end of sept. Its funny being the only grower pretty much on this forum from az.

What stage are the flower buds dying at? Very small, or half way or just about to bloom?

If they are falling off between early or half way your plants need Phosphorus and Potassium and possibly some micronutrients.

I have had plants under very hot lights on 90 degree days where the temps in the grow room were in the 100s and they had no problem making flowers, the problem was they were aborting right after blooming.

They are not aborting- they literally are not producing flowers yet. I did cut them back about a month ago. Trying to keep them somewhat small til the fall.

The in-laws have a place in queens creek and I don't think I would put anything in that hot ground that I wanted to keep alive. do you have the option of moving it inside? I have a few bhut that didn't do good in the hot sun so I moved it to a really shady spot that only gets direct sun a few hours a day and it's full of flowers and already has a few fruit showing. Not sure if it was just my plant, but I think they prefer cool shady areas.

My plants are all getting shade after 3pm now and seem to be enjoying it. Making lots of pods. Of course it could also be the Pro-Mix. They tend to get a little droopy in the heat of the afternoon but bounce back after a few hours of shade.

Back