soil New soil

Found a dirt today that is made right here in Ohio. The ingredients are good and good pH. I LOVE the consistency and texture of it. I believe this is also the dirt my local nursery uses and their stuff (including peppers) grows like mad. What do ya'll think?

Dirt.jpg

$10 for 3 cubic feet...not bad at all

I know everyone hates MG..but it works for me (I do add stuff to it)...regardless...I use MG moisture control. Sams has it for $11 for a 54 quart bag..that is only 1.8 cubic feet..you do the math..and I am seriously thinking this is MUCH better soil

it looks like it needs some compost type of stuff
maybe some horsie poopies?

can you post a picture of it out of the bag(naked?)

thanks for the nudies

yes i think you could use a horses pattootie output
and some dolomitic lime stuff in there and it would be real groovy
check for proper pH

i am using earthgro® from home depot @ ±$5 for 2 cu. ft.
mixed 50/50 with fox farm ocean forest (±$17 for 1.5 cu. ft.)
i also put epsom salts and tomato tone
and chicken poo poo fermented with extended EM in "every" pot

Well if it does..i have a lifetime supply of horse crap..literally right from the horse booty :) I have a horse.

talking about crap, i found a place to get cow poo. but they're uncomposted. looks pretty fresh stuff to me. they came in clear plastic bags.

horse poo sounds good too.

been using composted chicken manure, been working great so far. a combination of potting soil / garden soil, compost and chicken manure makes pretty good soil, at least for me.

Found a dirt today that is made right here in Ohio. The ingredients are good and good pH. I LOVE the consistency and texture of it. I believe this is also the dirt my local nursery uses and their stuff (including peppers) grows like mad. What do ya'll think?

looks good. looks pretty nice, light and fluffy. only way to find out is to use the stuff. do a comparison of what you're already using and grow the same plants of the same age and vigor. treat them without any ferts or amendments and see which one takes off. annuums grow faster so, you'll see the differences much better with those varieties, imho.

=D

As for Poo think rabbit and sheep is better ? Only things I try not to use the rabbit on is the citrus we have.

$10 for 3 cubic feet...not bad at all

I know everyone hates MG..but it works for me (I do add stuff to it)...regardless...I use MG moisture control. Sams has it for $11 for a 54 quart bag..that is only 1.8 cubic feet..you do the math..and I am seriously thinking this is MUCH better soil

Just found out this season, ditch the MG moisture control immeadiately!!!!!!! The peat moss based soil will double your roots within a few weeks, trust me your plants will thank you

Back