indoor New grow tent

Just set this up after ordering it from Amazon. While I don't think the markdown is quite as spectacular as it looks—a brief search shows the same price everywhere, and there's no reviews—I rolled the dice and was pleased with the results. Seems well constructed, much more so than other 'bargain' tents I've seen on Amazon; the zippers, etc, are robust. Will post pictures soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Worth-Hydro-Shanty-Hydroponics/dp/B005EG3FFM/ref=sr_1_10?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1313692941&sr=1-10

dude get the eye hortilux super blue 1000w mh it hits all the spectrums you need i have the 400w one and my bhuts are rocking it out.

Thanks! The Super Blue looks fantastic, but I think I'll need to settle for right now; I've been dumping money on my gardening hobby left and right :). My first priority will be working out a proper ventilation system; it's a hothouse in there right now. I have a 240 CFM fan going through the cool tube, but it sounds like a damn tornado ripping through my living room (which, by the way, is remarkably more cozy with this monster sitting in it). I'll keep an eye on that hortilux suggestion, though. In other news, my on-again/off-again GF just popped in and nearly punched me in the face when she saw this thing sitting in my living room. Have a feeling off-again is coming up :).

I had a tent that size in our front living room few months back girl came home and was like um that's huge can it go away and go away it did.

Just set this up after ordering it from Amazon. While I don't think the markdown is quite as spectacular as it looks—a brief search shows the same price everywhere, and there's no reviews—I rolled the dice and was pleased with the results. Seems well constructed, much more so than other 'bargain' tents I've seen on Amazon; the zippers, etc, are robust. Will post pictures soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Worth-Hydro-Shanty-Hydroponics/dp/B005EG3FFM/ref=sr_1_10?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1313692941&sr=1-10

Amazon referral ID? Let us know how much you make from this, spammer!

More likely he copied and pasted the link from any number of websites, which always sneaks the referral in even if it just links to amazon's main page. Most people don't even know they are there, let alone delete them.

A 4ft x 8ft grow tent with all of those extra vents? Sounds great if you have the room for it. Nice to hear that it has solid zippers for a cheapie tent.

It's true. I joined this website, posted for a couple months, and FINALLY snuck in my plug (for which I get 5 cents a click through), and you had to go and ruin it! My kids are going to starve next week; I hope you're happy.

Seriously, I think the ref id is intended to identify the clickthroughs that the buyer used to purchase it; e.g. I clicked through the Home and Garden link, rather than the home improvement link.

A 4ft x 8ft grow tent with all of those extra vents? Sounds great if you have the room for it. Nice to hear that it has solid zippers for a cheapie tent.
[/quote]

Thanks - I kind of have room for it in my 500 SF apartment :).

for what its worth, they make a 3x3 also.

51M0qEXG0rL._SS350_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Worth-Hydro-Shanty-Hydroponics/dp/B005EG117Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1313889686&sr=1-2
looks like the same construction quality.

edit:

and a 4x4
http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Worth-Hydro-Shanty-Hydroponics/dp/B005EG2M3S/ref=sr_1_7?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1313889686&sr=1-7

While looking at errrrm, 'other' plant forums, a lot of people warn of using untested tents. Some tents are built with better materials than others. That is, some tents use materials that off gas and kill your plants.
Even reputable tent makers were stung by this problem after discovering their Chinese manufacturer substituted the specified material with a cheaper one, without telling the people they were making the tent for.

Back