• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

greenhouse New greenhouse

I finally got my new greenhouse sorted with the tables and have moved about half of my plants in there so far plus there are a bunch of seedlings yet to pop through. So although it looks very empty now - once I start moving them into larger containers I think this is going to fill up rather quickly. (Ignore my daughter's cauliflower plants on the rack, they'll be going outside in a few weeks once it warms up lol)

I'll be growing at least 15 plants outside in the garden once it warms up in September and the rest will stay here. 

The only other things that will go in here is a thermostat and a fan, a stereo and an overhead light. The dimentions are 6'x8' and its about 6'6" at the highest point of the greenhouse.

Hoping to share some awesome pod pics in the upcoming months.

GOPR0180.jpg

GOPR0181.jpg

GOPR0183.jpg

Got my attention with new greenhouse. Very cool. Will make a huge difference. Haven't built mine yet . From what I here the only thing to really monitor is the daytime temps.

Good luck with your grow.

Swampy_NZ said:
Awesome.What size pots are you growing in?
Hey at the moment the biggest pots are about 2L but I'll definitely be going up to at least a 10L bucket for these guys that'll live in this greenhouse. The biggest plants will definitely be sitting outside in the garden.
OCD Chilehead said:
Got my attention with new greenhouse. Very cool. Will make a huge difference. Haven't built mine yet . From what I here the only thing to really monitor is the daytime temps.

Good luck with your grow.
Yeah I heard the same thing - definitely getting a thermostat and a fan. I'm also thinking of hooking up a servo to open the window when the fan kicks in. I'll see if this works out - will definitely post if i manage to get it working.

SavinaRed said:
If you don't mind me asking what did that set you back ?
Hey this was on special, only $380NZ which would be probably about $320US. So pretty cheap for this size. The problem was the assembly. These things are pretty solid when they're assembled but the actual process is a pain in the ass thats for sure. It took just over a day, and a lot of frustration LOL. But I'm glad it's all sorted now.

SentencedToBurn said:
Hey this was on special, only $380NZ which would be probably about $320US. So pretty cheap for this size. The problem was the assembly. These things are pretty solid when they're assembled but the actual process is a pain in the ass thats for sure. It took just over a day, and a lot of frustration LOL. But I'm glad it's all sorted now.
wow that was a steal

Swampy_NZ said:
Go bigger than 10 lts man,size counts

Just got mine sorted,150 ltrs is my biggest,30 Ltrs my smallest.

DUDE! thats massive!
To be honest I'll keep all my large plants outside in the garden and then pick the best ones, cut them back and put them back into the greenhouse to overwinter them and/or see if they produce any fruit during winter.

The problem with my setup is that I cant really keep them on the ground as there isnt as much light as I want to but this is the only space on our property my wife would let me keep this lol. So I had to use the tables to raise the plants up a bit. Anything like 50L+ will be way too big and the plants won't have enough height.

So i figured 10L maybe 15L pots max, anything bigger goes in the garden. Outside I have a patch that gets heaps of sun, pretty covered from wind and its about 1m by 8m, so I can get 2 rows of about 12 plants in there without any problems, maybe even more.
SavinaRed said:
wow that was a steal
Haha yeah I reckon. I wasn't gonna get one for a while but when this deal came up it would've been silly not to get it.

Lucky!

I would LOVE a greenhouse :((((((((((

Think I could build one out of PVC framing and some clear plastic vinyl?

obeychase said:
Lucky!

I would LOVE a greenhouse :((((((((((

Think I could build one out of PVC framing and some clear plastic vinyl?
Just make sure the PVC framing is pretty strong otherwise a bit of wind will blow the whole thing over. Also make sure you use the right plastic vinyl as some fall apart after being exposed to the elements, etc.

it's probably much easier and cheaper to buy a small cabinet type greenhouse - that's what i used for a while, it works great!

Something like this just what I did is took the top level out to make more space for taller plants: http://www.bunnings.co.nz/greenscape-3-tier-greenhouse-with-cover-_p00446118 - I'm sure you guys will have heaps of places that sell this type of stuff for cheap.

SentencedToBurn said:

wow that's it?! nice come up

Aw dude you make me proud! All the hard work makes it all worth while....professional, clean looking set up.
Now welcome to growing chillies. That greenhouse will fill up pretty quickly and not stay so clean! And then, just like me, you will be cursing those damn fungas gnats and the aphids that invaded my greenhouse today!

Yeah i dropped the slug bait, and will setup the ant traps around just to make sure i dont get any in there at all. Cant have these plants dying on me.

Quote SentencedToBurn:  "The dimentions are 6'x8' and its about 6'6" at the highest point of the greenhouse."

Are you sure?  That thing looks HUGE in the pics.

haha yup pretty sure i measured the tables to size. its 1800mm by 2400mm. I used a goPro on wide angle to try and take a pic od the whole thing so maybe thats why it looks so massive.

Back