• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

container Need your help to setup drip system for the containers

Hi Folks,

Next week I am going out for a vacation for 11 days. I need to set up a drip system for the peppers containers. I have about 40 containers. 30 of them are 5 gallon buckets; about 10 are 4-5 gal containers.
Please suggest what true and tried container watering system has worked for you. The system has to be cost effective, wherever possible. I already have 2 automated timers and tons of pipes and hoses.

I am using the weeping hose(drip hose)in the raised beds.

Thanks for your help. I do not want my prized peppers to go to waste.

thanks,

Sanji

I use "Raindrip" products for my dripper system in containers. I bought them at Lowes. In the picture, is the small adjustable sprinkler I use for my peppers. They are in 3 gallon pots. I automatically water twice a day for 3-4 minutes at a time. My containers are on a dedicated zone valve from my sprinkler system.
IMG_0599.jpg

If worse comes to worse Sanj...you could just line your containers up where they are touching one another and use a soaker hose run across the middle of the containers...you may have some waste water but not much...I am going to try and set up something similar with soaker hose this weekend for a couple of rows of mine....

I set a sprinkler up on a timer and this will water everything in a 15ft radius .... I didnt want to take any chances -- the ones I have in pots I will move into the DMZ

Timer at HD was 40$

Back