• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

scovilles Need Scoville ratings

I thought I had submitted this earlier but could not find it - I hate when this happens!

At this year's county fair, I will have a hot pepper display of about 30 different types. The daily paper even mentioned it today. What I want to do is to list the pepper along with its heat level and because Scoville gives a lot more latitude than a 1-10 scale, it's my hope to list the heat of the pepper that way.

However, I cannot find the heat ratings for about a dozen peppers and hope you all can fill in the blanks. They don't have to be exact; i.e., it's midway between a Hab and Red Savina, then 400,000 is close enough.

Here's the peppers I need a Scoville rating for:
Trini Scorpion
Trini 7-pod
Trini Large Yellow Congo
Yellow Mushroom
Filus Blue
Pretty Purple
Trifetti
Congo Trinidad
Malaga Birds Eye
Zimbabwe Birds Eye
Gunter Hope

The superhots have only a few pods and while they have been watered and fertilized in the last few days (watered almost daily!) I don't know what they will like by Wednesday. But the Fair runs through next Sunday and a huge amount of people visit Friday and Saturday. I won't have any ripe superhots but hopefully several decent size pods.

If anyone is close to Cincinnati, stop in and take a look.

Mike

Back