chinense Naglah n Bhutlah

Unless I am mistaken, both the Naglah and Bhutlah reds were created by crossing Bhut Jolokia X 7 Pot Douglah.  But they seem to be very different peppers.  Do you think this speaks to dna diversity in each strain.

Without a complete mapping of the parental dna the true origin is lost. Perhaps some one else can shed some light on this as well and correct me if I am mistaken. Are there any true strains out there left that can be dead on balls certified?

How did you know what parents that where used exactly?
Naglah was "Naga" x Douglah cross hence the name.
Problem is under "Naga" and "Bhut" monikers you find a lot of variations...
Unless you're the creator you will have very hard time trying to figure why apparently identical crosses generate so different outcome.
That's the results of really bad practice in naming and ubiquitous cross-pollination.
Nowadays if you ask 10 people Bhut Jolokia seeds you'll end with many different beasts...

Datil

Datil said:

Naglah was "Naga" x Douglah cross hence the name.

Well now, there is the answer.  I am mistaken about Naglah.  I dont remember what I was looking for.  Just kind of fell down one of those surfving holes.  One thing leads to another and I found what Pepper Joe said about Naglah

"A cross between a ghost and the Trinidad 7 Pot Douglah"

Seemed like a good example fora conversation I wanted to start.  The same two peppers can be crossed by two different people and the results can be wildly different.

Anyway, what you said about the Naglah name makes sense.  So thinking Pepper Joe got that one wrong.  It happens to everyone.  On the other hand, despite how the word naga is typically used today, it has also been used to describe the red ghost pepper. 

https://pepperjoe.com/collections/organic-seeds/products/naglah-red

Back