• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense naganumbness eats a chocolate bhut jolokia

This was a great pepper! definately my favorite of the nagas. i haven't had any other brown pepper that tastes like this one. it was earthy and fruity at the same time but not fruity in the normal way that some chilis are. this one stands on it's own being very unique almost tropical. the heat comes on faster than most of the nagas and is pretty intense.i'm already growing this one and highly reccomend this one to any one considering it for next season. thanks judy! enjoy all.

Nice Ed. Glad to see you enjoyed that one as much as I did. They do taste delicious in a strange way. The one I grew myself was the same flavor but a whole level hotter than Judy's so you definitely need to try yours to compare. The one she sent me was pretty brown inside, the one I grew was 3/4 covered with a thick white placenta. You should cut one open to see how much yours have. What temps did it get in Savannah this year. You were over 100 for a little while right? Also I never figured you for a parakeet man, that bird sounded like he wanted some of your pepper. LOL Oh and thanks for the idea of using Judy's box as a tripod. It takes me forever to find something to perch my mini HD cam on to get the right height. So I rarely use it. I just need to break down and buy a tripod. Hehehe

thanks for watching mike. yeah i've had birds since i was a kid. little birds and 130 pound dogs! strange combo huh?! it was over 100 degrees all summer. hottest one in 16 years. every chili i grow here comes out screeching hot. youll see in a few days. in the beginning of the season i pondered how i was gonna shoot test vids since most of my friends found it difficult to work my flipcam i had to come up with something so when all the awsome people started sending peppers, i though i'd try it. i didn't realize that it was visible in this video! oh well got to get it done somehow! i also ate the yellow scorp but the batteries cut out at 13 seconds dammit!! it wasn't hot anyway. it tasted good but almost no heat. i like yellow scorp but i have no room for it next year. can't wait to see you review my peppers!keep checking that mailbox. take care.

very nice review. judy also sent some to me - i thought that this was an outstanding chile. nice job as always. thanks.

yeah thanks! i was so caught up in earthy and friuty that i forgot about smokey! your so right. this is ths most perplexing pepper to discuss because it's so different from all the rest of them. thanks guys for the smokey tip because thats the last part i was trying to think of! thanks judy. you rule ! you have made my whole year better than any other. you rule!

thanks for watching hucklebuck. in a 10 gallon container they go about 5 feet give or take afew inches but i'm sure in good fertal ground they would probably be bigger. they produce very well. i can't wait for mine to turn brown. they are big and wavy. scary looking! this one on the vid is judy's. i was glad to have it because i go tired if waiting for mine. this for me is the best naga i've had. i will plant plenty more for next year!

Back