• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Naga Morich are my Favs so far

Well, in the past few weeks I have tried a bunch of different superhots from a couple different sources. I have to say that so far my favorite is the Naga Morich. I have tried: Red Bhut, Yellow Bhut, Chocolate Bhut, Bih Jolokia, Fatalii, Naga Morich, TS Morouga blend, regular TS and the Peach Hab, which while not a superhot sure was delicious!

I really enjoy the citrusy flavor of the Naga Morich. Strangely enough, as popular as the fatalii is with many people I found it to be quite pungent and can see it as a nice flavor addition but not the munching type. Let me clarify...when I eat the peppers I usually take a bite of the pepper and then after a brief interlude I take a bite of food with it, not milk or ice cream but the meal which I eat it with. The scorpions of both types were just plain hot to me. They had the "pepper" flavor but more than anything they were not as flavorful as the others. Great for spicing things up but not my favs.

In order of preference (for me) I like the Naga Morich, Chocolate Bhut, Red & Yellow Bhuts & Bih Jolokia(tie), fatalii and then the Scorpions. I have yet to try a 7 pod/pot yet and will cross that bridge when I get there. :crazy:

Don't get me wrong...I like ALL of the peppers but I have "DISCOVERED" that they taste better with food and not just popped into my mouth! :mouthonfire:

Thanks it is nice when you rank them and put them in perspective like that. Luckily those are the two Superhots that are actually doing well for me. No pods yet but if I am getting any this season it will be from my Naga Morich and Chocolate Bhut. Glad to here they are your favorites so far.

Yea i know what you mean. I live 25 minutes from the Chile pepper institute in las Cruces and I can't find someone local growing super hots. Going this weekend for my 90lbs of green Chile, praying i find farmer dabbling in super hots.

I ordered some superhot pods from Cross Country Nursery for delivery in sep. Here is the link: http://www.chileplants.com/search.asp?CategoryID=9&HeatID=&TypeID=&UseID=&Color=&FleshID=&LengthID=&WidthID=&OrientationID=&FoliageID=&HeightID=&SeasonID=&Location=&SpeciesCode=&StockStatusID=&Keyword=&Search=True&SearchMode=simple&SearchButton=Go

They don't have every type but they have a few and that's a start at least. Happy hunting ;)

I agree with you. I do enjoy the fatalii, but it is a bit pungent in flavor. It is one of my favorite burns, though, without a doubt. I thought that the flavor of the naga morich was very nice, yet mild. I recommend that everyone grows these, since they are easy and super prolific compared to other chinense varieties. Initial fruit set must be well over 50 peppers per plant! I usually get mine from thechilewoman.com

Back