• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Mythbusters on SBS

Mythbusters on SBS tonight (as in right now) are doing a chilli segment, what makes them hot and what to take to combat the heat.

Mythbusters on SBS tonight (as in right now) are doing a chilli segment, what makes them hot and what to take to combat the heat.
This sounds awesome I will definitely watch to see what makes them hot. Capsai something or other? :lol:

Yeah really funny episode.
They have done a few episodes now that have Chilli Pepper in it. Watched some of one the other night where they were testing the theory that if a Cop tazered someone then sprayed them with Pepper spray will the crim catch on fire? Darn right he will!
They put a few Pepper sprays through the test with some not very flammable and some very flammable and managed to set ol Buster alight.

Micca

Id love to know where they got those chilli-shaped party lights!
Never seen them before, but I don't get out much.....

I liked that show when they actually did urban legends/myths. After all this time they've run out and really should rename the show.

Also, Scotti was hotter than Kari.

Here's a link to a page with all the old Mythbusters episodes to watch, some for free. Does anyone know which season/episode it is? I didn't see chiles or peppers listed, what else are they testing in the episode?

http://www.casttv.com/shows/mythbusters

EDIT-

Well I found the episode, and it's a $-per-view at iTunes episode.
http://www.casttv.com/shows/mythbusters/shooting-fish-in-a-barrel/ib1myf1

I seen that episode, I like the part were they had a big spoon full of Vaseline. what got me though was they were just testing with chopped up jalapeños and some plain old store bought habs, They should have used at least a red savanna or go for it and chop up a couple of Bhut jolokias. Maybe some one could mention a Capsicum sinus spray and how it worked better than some of the store bought sprays, maybe like a few drops of some Naga or Bhut oil mixed with some salt and sterile water. I can just see them now first just a little spray up each nostril followed by lots of screaming and rolling on the floor. Ha! now that might be worth watching.
George W :fireball:

What sucks is that they film all of that right where I live and I've never seen any of them in public! And the Vaseline is funny. It's like when Grandma says to rub butter on your blistering 3rd degree burns!

the best thing i found to stop the burn straight away in your mouth is mango nectar or pineapple juice it works for me

Back