• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

My summer has come to an end

My daughter goes back to college for her second year tomorrow. We have had the best 3 months a person can imagine. Traveling, wilderness camping, backpacking, kayaking, cooking, and digging the same music as me. What else could a dad ask for? We survived a pretty scary incident on the Sauk River that almost required a bigtime rescue, but somehow, we survived. This summer we experienced so much of the planet's natural beauty together from the Southwest mesas and sunsets to Washington's Alpine Lakes Wilderness mountains and rivers. Lying in the backyard grass and counting endless shooting stars was a real treat. I did not think it was possible, but our bond has grown even stronger. Next summer is going to be even better. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day letting her go. I love you sweetie.

Back