• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting My Small Harvest-Seven Pot seeds available

I decided to pick all the ripe peppers off of my plants today. I still have about half this much I left on the plants to continue ripening. I know it's not much, compared to everyone else, but it's still one of the best harvests I've had in years. (I've also been picking peppers all Summer.)

DSCN3070-1.jpg

Here's a slightly different view:

DSCN3069.jpg

I haven't cut open the seven pot pods yet, but, assuming that I have lots of seeds in them, I'm willing to mail out little packets of seeds to anyone who is interested. Just let me know. I will tell you that the first one I tried was insane....at least I found it to be.

Great looking pods you have there Prarie. I would love if you could send me some seeds :) I am in Australia, is that a problem?
I pm you my addy.

As I said in my message to you, Novacastrian, I will send out to anyone...it doesn't matter which country. I am intending on saving each seed carefully to ensure maximum seeds available. For that matter, if anyone would like any other seeds I'll send those out as well.

PrairieChilihead,

I'd love a few if you can spare them. And next I'll do the same , pass some on.

I've sent you a PM.

P. Dreadie

Very nice PC...looks like a plate full of heat there...

Not to bore anyone with yet more stuff about my seven pot (pod) peppers...but I cut them open this evening and found them to be about 50% placenta! There was actually an abundance of oil inside. The whole house now smells like the inside of one of the peppers (much to the extreme annoyance of the 'other' occupants of the house.) Without even actually touching the peppers (latex gloves, of course - 2 pairs, after the first one became dangerously discoloured orange) my cheeks and eyes are prickly and burning.

Here are some images:
DSCN3073.jpg

Can you see the oil glistening? Crazy!
DSCN3074.jpg

DSCN3075.jpg

Tons of seeds, as well. I don't need them and would feel better giving them away.

Thanks again for your nice comments - both in this thread and in private messages.

Those look like some mighty good pods to be sure! If you still have any seeds left I think this may be a great pepper to spice up my habanero patch.
At any rate a fine looking plate of pods!

Back