• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My plants i want to grow

:mouthonfire:
I want to ask what you think of these im planing on growing as well as i already have now growing.trinidad scorpions x 3..yellow 7 pods x 7..and Bhut jolokia x 1..Naga Morich x 3..plus these are the others i want to add to my collection of chilli's Trinidad Habanero..Aji Lemon..7Pot/Pod Jonah..Fatali..Savina Habanero

I think you'll like the 7 Pod/Pot, fatalli and the Savina Hab. However, I would grow the Red Carribean Hab instead of the Savina just because I think they have more flavor and just as much heat as the Savina, plus it's wasn't made in a lab. "Frank Garcia of GNS Spices, in Walnut, California, is credited with being the developer of the Red Savina habanero. The exact method Garcia used to select the hottest strains is not publicly known" (quoted from Wikipedia).

Pepperfreak said:
I think you'll like the 7 Pod/Pot, fatalli and the Savina Hab. However, I would grow the Red Carribean Hab instead of the Savina just because I think they have more flavor and just as much heat as the Savina, plus it's wasn't made in a lab. "Frank Garcia of GNS Spices, in Walnut, California, is credited with being the developer of the Red Savina habanero. The exact method Garcia used to select the hottest strains is not publicly known" (quoted from Wikipedia).

Thanks for the tip Pepperfreak, i will have to look into now getting the Red Carribean Hab as well.how do you find them in a sauce full of flavor as you say.?.i would like to have a go at making some with them

I agree with PF on the habs. Red savinas lack the good tatse the other red habs have. IN my experience with them the Savinas are not nearly as productive as other red hans also.

Nice list SCI and if you need car reds PM me.be glad to help you out.Other than that,,,hope you have a hell of a gut,,you`re gonna need it! lol

I really like the Caribbean Red Habs and find that they are great in everything that you would normally put habs in. Right now I have 4 cooking in a pot of chili that all I did was cut them in half and de-seeded. The chili is fantastic.

Sci,

Your are growing mostly super hots just as I am. I love alot of heat and flavor.
Do you have any pics you could share with us?

FadeToBlack said:
Sci,

Your are growing mostly super hots just as I am. I love alot of heat and flavor.
Do you have any pics you could share with us?

Yes please share. We need to see the little sprouts. I feel like an expectant uncle.:onfire:

Pepperfreak said:

I'm quite sure there was just one red mutant plant in the patch of orange habs and Frank Garcia somehow got it inaccurately tested for SHU although these test results have never been duplicated. These plant are stable and seed will breed true, and they weren't made in a lab from my understanding
Personally I'm not a big fan of the red savina or the Caribbean red, but for me the savinas are extremely huge producers, and the Caribbean reds are slighly hotter.

Back