• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting My last harvest

Well this year has been hit and miss. This was only my 2nd year growing and although I got a nice head start by harvesting seeds under MH the year was no wear near my first years production. Basically I moved to a location that had a lot less sun due to all the large trees surrounding my patio. The plants would get 4-6 hours of sun at most and this along with the cold year really didn't help much. The only positive was when the large trees got a major trim in October. The plants now get about 6-8 hours of sun and continued to produce pods up until last week. I harvested about 50 peppers from my plants this weekend between rain. Since we are expecting colder nights and a lot more rain I'm calling this year quits for now. I thought about leaving them on the patio and hooking up my 1000 HPS light, but I probably won't bother and will simply cut back my 10 largest plants and just over winter them until next year. The only plus is I got about 4 extra weeks since the winter rains and cold didn't hit until recently!

Back