• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My first lot of habs

Chilli%20Pics
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh what to do with these got any idea's. these are just a few i got the other day there are plenty more comming

Hey Sci, my vote would be for a paste for the orange and a sauce for the chocs. Seeing as though the chocs have a passionfruit flavour (to me anyway) why not use a passion fruit base with lime as a ph balancer.

Thanks Nova i will try your idea and i too think the chocs have a passionfruit taste none of my mate are game enough to try a bit fresh..lol..

Passionfruit-based Choc Hab sauce? Mmmm! Now there's an idea! I got a kilo of the little BIG suckers sitting in the freezer waiting ever so patiently to be saucerized.

A shout out has gotta go to Stillmanz for these bad boys right here:
frozenchochabs.jpg

I gave one to a mate to try; he comes back later and tells me it was pretty hot but not as hot as a Birds Eye. :lol:
That's funny, because after me and another mate munched one down, we distinctly remember it being quite a bit hotter than any Birds Eye we ever ate (especially them ever so mild supermarket 'Birds Eyes'). Methinks someone may have chickened out and tried to wing it......

That was my initial response... Dude, you musta got a dud... then thought about it some more, and every one I've had from the batch has been LETHAL; lava-gut and the works.

And Sci, looking forward to hearing about your sauce!

Timmmy newbie said:
Some crackers, a bit of brie and a slice of hab mmmmm yummm
Ooh sounds good, a dab of honey too.

Chilli%20Pics
[/URL][/IMG]

Here you go guys this is my first attemp at making sauce with Choc Habs. i use 1 cup of water 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar 6 large tomatoes i medium onion plus tomatoe paste Molasses and szechuan peppercorns . not to bad i must say so for my first go at it the heat aint over the top but still has a nice burn in the pic is just a small sample of whats left i ate most of it and gave a little away it goes good on steak Mmmmm..

Back