• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My first little haul!

Here's my first real picking this year...
IMG_5984.jpg

Clockwise from top left: Reshampatti, Yellow Bhut Jolokia, Black Hungarian, Cheiro, Peruvian White Habanero, Black Pearl

Don't care for the taste of the Black Pearl's at all. The Reshampatti has great cooking flavor but not one I'd munch on directly. The Cherio is phenomenal, I could use it in anything. The Jolokia is a GREAT taste (never had one fresh, only dried or in sauce). The Hab tastes like a hab. The black Hungarian is odd -- mild without the seeds, not nearly as tasty but much hotter with the seeds.

Any Black Hungarian recipes? I'm thinking use them like Jalapenos and make poppers... I have another 80 nearly ripe (on 2 plants).

nice haul tommy

some of those species sound familier LOL

i grew a sew of them last year

the red cheiro are great arent they??

ain very nice

your friend Joe

Yep some of those are indeed yours Joe!

I like the black Hungarians, they're a little seedy, but the flesh is great.

i thought they sounded familiar LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes the black Hungarian is very good to pickle and very good in jelly/jam, my friend wife makes a blackberry jam with black Czech which is similar to the Hungarian, it is to die for
i actually like them a little better than Jalapenos with the exception of Biker Billy

im happy you like what you got, this is why i give and sell so cheaply to help, i love seeing pics from peoples gardens whether it was from my seed or not

looking good!!

thanks your friend Joe

I also enjoy the Black Hugarian, I'll stuff them with an herbed goat's cheese wrapped in Prosciutto then baked in the oven...I will use them before the're fully red since the flesh seems to soften quite quickly.

"yes the black Hungarian is very good to pickle and very good in jelly/jam, my friend wife makes a blackberry jam with black Czech which is similar to the Hungarian, it is to die for
i actually like them a little better than Jalapenos with the exception of Biker Billy"

Oooooh, Ajijoe, that jam sounds awesome! Is it a secret family recipe, or something she'd be willing to share?

Black Hungarians were my favorite pepper last year, this year I'm trying the Czechoslovakian Black. Can't wait to try one!

I like the pickling idea!
Post a recipe if you don't mind :)

The yellow bhut was AWESOME, so much citrus goodness before the pain kicks in. I ate the small one whole and then shared the larger one with a couple guys at work.

"yes the black Hungarian is very good to pickle and very good in jelly/jam, my friend wife makes a blackberry jam with black Czech which is similar to the Hungarian, it is to die for
i actually like them a little better than Jalapenos with the exception of Biker Billy"

Oooooh, Ajijoe, that jam sounds awesome! Is it a secret family recipe, or something she'd be willing to share?

Black Hungarians were my favorite pepper last year, this year I'm trying the Czechoslovakian Black. Can't wait to try one!
share she sells it in there shop

thanks joe

I like the pickling idea!
Post a recipe if you don't mind :)

The yellow bhut was AWESOME, so much citrus goodness before the pain kicks in. I ate the small one whole and then shared the larger one with a couple guys at work.
half vinegar 2 2 tablespoons sea salt tsp fruit fresh 3 to peeled garlic cloves stuff jar with halved peppers fill to almost the top with water and hot water bath or pack jar with all items and boil vinegar/water mix separate then fill jar then seal

this works great!! good for any peppers and very safe because the acid levals are right

thanks your friend Joe

share she sells it in there shop

thanks joe
Oh, nevermind ... :oops:

I do a lot of canning, and made a cranberry jalapeno jelly last year that went over really well with people I shared it with. I'll have to do a little research, and see if I can come up with a recipe to try the blackberry/Czech. Black combo myself.

Oh, nevermind ... :oops:

I do a lot of canning, and made a cranberry jalapeno jelly last year that went over really well with people I shared it with. I'll have to do a little research, and see if I can come up with a recipe to try the blackberry/Czech. Black combo myself.
its quite easy really if you know how to make jelly there really isn't a recipe per say Mennonite people have this awesome natural talent

thanks your friend Joe

Cheiro has to be my favorite flavor still. As of today I have 11 Big Jim's ripe and ready, stuffed pepper time!
yes it is very tasry

when you get enough of them pickle them and use the vinegar like a sauce you wont be sorry thanks YOUR FRIEND Joe

Back