• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My Chiles 2010

Here are the peppers that I am growing in 32 quart, 16" pots on my deck. I am using Happy Frog organic potting mix and lobster compost. I use a foliar spray of epsom salt every other week and I water with organic fish fertilizer every other week (alternating with the epsom salt).

Datil (I have the issue with curling leaves every year no matter what):
9rulps.jpg

Dorset Naga I:
29bijrm.jpg

Dorset Naga II:
1076ete.jpg

Venezuelan Sweet Hab:
2u4kfgx.jpg

Fatalii I:
1znx72u.jpg

Fatalii II:
2568glt.jpg

These have been in the pots on our deck for about a month. Thanks for viewing and let me know what you think.

Plants look great! Seems like I always have a leaf curl issue with one or two no matter what I do. Probably just genetics. Mine are growing slow with all this heat. Summer came real early in the mid-Atlantic, we pretty much skipped Spring.

Plants look great! Seems like I always have a leaf curl issue with one or two no matter what I do. Probably just genetics. Mine are growing slow with all this heat. Summer came real early in the mid-Atlantic, we pretty much skipped Spring.

+1

Last year, I used Pro-Mix BX with some organic fertilizer mixed in, but I am pretty sure that I had calcium issues. I hope that the Quoddy blend lobster compost fixes that issue this year. So far, the plants are greener, so that's a good sign. I didn't mention it, but sometimes I also add a little epsom salt when I water. I am trying to be "gently proactive" from a few different angles. I hope that I get a fairly decent harvest from the Dorset Naga plants this year. If not, I will attempt to over-winter them. Last year I had an over-wintered peach hab that came back with a vengeance!

The plant look great keep up the good work. make some tea with the lobster compost it will help pull the calcium out so the plants can use it fast. take two or three big hand fulls drop in 5 gal bucket with water and molasses about two cups if you have a small fish tank pump aerate for 24 hours use a soon as you stop the pump the bacteria will die in about 6 hours with no air.

Be a bit careful with the Epsom salts (every 10 days is plenty); it's easy to over do it; but the good thing is, Epsom salts will wash out of the soil.
Your plants look great. I've got leaf curl as well and it seems to go with the territory. Cheers.

Back