Mutant Pepper Plant

Good Morning Everyone, 

Anyone else growing Mutants? Here is mine, still small, but I am loving how unique the plant leaves look. Can anyone offer any advice on how to best grow these? Hydro vs. Soil? Any other tips you can offer would be great. Photos of your mutants welcomed, as well. 

Attachments

• Mutant.jpg
    Mutant.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 110
2 main things on the mutants growth, they need too much sun, earlier better, they manage well the cold nights.
If they don't have much sun or sown late will drop off many flowers, wich grow without petals all their bloom stage but some flowers are sterile
The second thing is to beware of aphids that thin n curvy leads are the perfect home for pests
Hard to root but this plants has an incredible stretch! Even the candlelight non mutant phenos
Super strange plants

Attachments

• PC211183.JPG
    PC211183.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 106
  • PC211187.JPG
    PC211187.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 102
  • PC211185.JPG
    PC211185.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 100
  • P2211884.JPG
    P2211884.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 106
Fermenting Spanishtan said:
2 main things on the mutants growth, they need too much sun, earlier better, they manage well the cold nights.
If they don't have much sun or sown late will drop off many flowers, wich grow without petals all their bloom stage but some flowers are sterile
The second thing is to beware of aphids that thin n curvy leads are the perfect home for pests
Hard to root but this plants has an incredible stretch! Even the candlelight non mutant phenos
Super strange plants

Wow. Your plants look great. Thank you for the information. I have my mutant plants indoors and I think I may already have some fruit setting on one plant. They are kratky, and thus far have plenty of roots. I may separate them from the rest of my pepper plants and dedicate their own light, because I have noticed that they have dropped off about 90 percent of their weirdly shaped flowers. As far as pests are concerned, I have not had an infestation in my indoor setups (knock on wood). 

Attachments

• InkedMutant Pepper Plant_LI.jpg
    InkedMutant Pepper Plant_LI.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 89
Fermenting Spanishtan said:
Super strange plants

Thanks for the input FS! 

Back