• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies Movies, Movies, and More Movies

ross said:
i carry my 9mm, saftey.....always off.

possibly my favorite cyrus line ever! :) i can't wait for the movie to come out on dvd or for some canadian to finally film it and get it onto the internet heh.

just saw borat last night! it was hilarious! some of the sights may have scarred me for life though..i was pretty surprised to see all of the people that were in there watching it. i think it was because of all the controversy that was in the news a bit.

just watched "american beer" its about 5 guys who jump in a minivan and visit 38 breweries in 40 days. its not fiction. the biggest company they visit is yuengling, but other than that there were smaller companies like left hand brewing, north coast, rogue, etc. it was pretty good and was quite entertaining.

xgrafcorex said:
just watched "american beer" its about 5 guys who jump in a minivan and visit 38 breweries in 40 days. its not fiction. the biggest company they visit is yuengling, but other than that there were smaller companies like left hand brewing, north coast, rogue, etc. it was pretty good and was quite entertaining.
I saw a book at the library, The Great Beer Trek, by Stephen Morris. He did the same thing. I think there is an updated book. The original might be of interest but the info is old. I think the date was 1984.

DevilDuck said:
I'll hve to find that one. Unplesant is the way I like movies. I'm tired of the "happy ever after" stuff...
Then you probably liked Night of the Living Dead (1968)....no happy ending there.

imaguitargod said:
Then you probably liked Night of the Living Dead (1968)....no happy ending there.

Happy endings are WAY over-rated, and usually not reality based. Anyone ever see U-Turn? Happy ending not needed.

Shaun Hutson novels are fairly unique in that they don't alweays have happy endings either. The world ends fairly horribly in one, if I recall correctly.

But then, no one over the age of 16 should really be reading Hutson. Or Dean R Koontz, in my opinion, though I am told that he's improved significantly over the last 10 years. Just always remember that the ones of his I read used the same metaphors over and over again, as if he thought you'd forget about them from one page to the next.

I FINALLY just saw Brazil...........oh my god that's the world's greatest film EVER!!!!!!! Hilarious, creepy, and meaningful! It's like Monty Python's version of 1984! Holy crap was that awwwwwwwwesome!

haha that movie kicks ass...any movie with a renegade repair man has to be pretty good. :( i loved the main characters mothers and her friends that were always wearing bandages from constant cosmetic surgery.

xgrafcorex said:
her friends that were always wearing bandages from constant cosmetic surgery.
And at the end her casket get's knocked over, spilling her bones and melted flesh everwhere because of the acid treatment.....blaaghhh!

Back