• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Move out

I am thinking about moving some of my plants out side how much sun do they need temp gets to around 80 to 90 right now. Any advice would be great

What kind of peppers? Most peppers like a full day of sun 6+ hours. With these long summer hours right now I'm getting about 10 on mine and they are doing fine. That's with temps over 95 everyday for the most part as well.

the answer to that really depends on where you are on the planet, and what your growing. for example, full sun plants like peppers and tomatoes can typically only handle about 6-8 hours of sun at my house.. but up north where you are i bet 10 would do much better. especially with the cooler nights.

being where you are i bet moving them outside would be just fine though. have the plants been "hardened off"? you need to do that first if you havent already. other wise the sun will burn em.

To harden off, gradually adjust them to the conditions they will eventually be in. Like moving them outside an hour or two at a time. Then three hours. Then four to five and so on over the course of a week or two. That way it reduces the shock from likely moving from what they were used to inside, to what extremes may be outside.

best way to keep a plant waterd out side is by a timer, and a dripper.. you can buy timers that hook up to your hose bib and convert to 1/4 inch tubing.. the drippers come in .5 gal per hour up to 10 gal per hour.. i use the .5 gal per hour for 1 hour once a week unless there is rain.. so needless to say my timer has been off for like 2 weeks :P

if you run the 1/4 inch line around the plants and against the stems of your plants, the inline drippers can be placed right at the stem of each plant. it works really well. if you dont want the timer, you can just buy a hose bib to 1/4 in adapter for about 75 cents. then just turn on that faucent when you want to water.. leave it on for 1 hr and you have .5 gal per plant with now wast.

Back