• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mill's 2013

Well I managed to totally ignore my grow this past year. Had some great harvest of some great types but didn't have a lot of time to get pictures up and stuff like that. 2013 will probably be more of the same with a daughter due at the end of Feb but I will try and keep it updated.

Pics to close out '12 and ring in '13...

Sprouting some Reapers I won in a giveaway.

DSCF0099_zps7acc6480.jpg

Planted about 10 days ago

DSCF0088_zps1f4e7715.jpg

Baby C. Lanceolatum(lets try this one more time...).

DSCF0092_zpsa1867e65.jpg

How tiny it actually is, 2oz solo cup, Reaper behind.

DSCF0094_zps154cbda9.jpg

Those two are in a cabinet I built a few years back with 4-23watt cfls and reflective insulation lining the sides. It also houses an overwintering C. Rhomboideum which has seen better days.

DSCF0087_zps7683805b.jpg

Here are the lights.

DSCF0086_zps6cc06182.jpg

That is one of two cabinets I have going, the other has in it a Wild Texas Tepin and one 65watt cfl in a reflector. This one is going to become a bonchi for my wife's desk at work.

DSCF0085_zps4acf849d.jpg

DSCF0084_zps085a2cf4.jpg

DSCF0095_zpsa88658be.jpg

Other than that its finally slowing down around here before classes start back up in early Jan so I have time to prep the rest of the overwinters.

DSCF0098_zps91298793.jpg

Congrats on the new baby girl Noah!!!
Cant wait to see the lance grow up!!!

:cool:
Kevin

Thanks Kev, I am crazy excited about both. Lets hope this is the year(FINALLY) for the Lance. I cant seem to get these things going. On the plus side of things. I have a Wild Texas Tepin plant still in the ground after dozens of freezing nights that is still all green. Hoping it will come back next year for me.

Holy smokes that time already! Way to go millman, get them juices started. I haven't even started to figure out what I want to grow this year.

Looking forward to hearing what you thing of being a daddy. I'm sure you'll be great at it.

Nice Mill., I'm with Patrick and haven't yet decided what to plant yet. Guess I could do that today even with my busy football watching schedule ;).
Congrats on the youngun'!

congrats on the baby noah!! and that C. Lanceolatum is super super small never grew one before so will be interesting to watch it grow....

alright you got me ready to start. lovin the bonchi. i am def interested in the wild tepin outside. i have some seed this year and would love for them to survive outside inground all year.

congrats on the new baby!!

18 days in and my lance's have not popped. How long was yours going? Are you starting other seeds or just keeping the overwinters going?

It better grow to a tree. This will be year three for me to try and get anything to get past seed leaves with a lance.

I've got dozens of new seeds to start. I like over winters cause I know exactly how the pods will turn out. That lance was planted almost 11 days ago. Two years ago I had one go 3 months before popping though.

It better grow to a tree. This will be year three for me to try and get anything to get past seed leaves with a lance.

I've got dozens of new seeds to start. I like over winters cause I know exactly how the pods will turn out. That lance was planted almost 11 days ago. Two years ago I had one go 3 months before popping though.

Overwinters are good if they can survive aphid attacks. Lanceolatum... I hope that works out, odds aren't good, but maybe 3rd time's a charm...

Nice start and unique light box...that probably has the right temperature to get those seeds to hatch.

11 days? This has to be the one! I am surprised how fat that thing is. I have eximium,card,and flex that have hooked so far.

I now have two in that same cup that are up. It is super exciting for me to have Lances going!

Nice start and unique light box...that probably has the right temperature to get those seeds to hatch.

As long as it stays cold outside the cabinets are good. If the temps get up into the 50's for a couple days the cabinets start to get a little too hot, I think that is how I lost my Lanceolatums from last year. Right now the one on the right is around 75-78 and the left is 69-72.

Back