vendor Meadow View Farm

Anyone on the East Coast especially in the tri-state buy anything from these guys? They have over 200 varieties of pepper plants. The reason I am asking is based on all the storm damage I had early Spring I decided to replace a few plants that I lost from seed. Long story short, it seems many of the plants are named things I have never seen or mislabeled. In previous years I have bought plants from a local place that carries their stuff and always with good results.

I have a plant labeled Pink Trinidad Scorpion, picked the first pepper from it tonight. Now, I am not guru like many here but I have never heard of this strain/variety/hybrid.

Well worth the trip if your looking to buy pick-your-own POUNDS of hot peppers... been there 3 years in a row for the festival and to the farm to pick before and after same.

Didnt even plant Bhut seeds this year because last year we picked 10lbs for less than the potting soil to plant them :rofl:

Meadowview Farm, Kutztown, PA is the work of James Weaver, an horticulture associate and close personal friend of ‘Our Friend’ Aji Joe, so you can be sure he is a top notch guy.

You can visit the farm during the Bowers Chili Festival
http://pepperfestiva..._Excursion.html
Yes I am aware who it is, can anyone vouch for a Pink Trinidad Scorpion? I know the local resource can place labels in wrong plants but the labels are printed at the source meaning from the farm. If you check out my ID thread, you will see a few that were mislabeled.

This should be Red Savina

unknown_2.jpg

Jamaican Hot Chocolate

unknown_1.jpg

Pink Trinidad Scorpion

131.jpg

Don't get me wrong, it is awesome with all the plants they carry and love the fact I can sometimes replace things I lose due to weather which were babies I raised from seed.

Well worth the trip if your looking to buy pick-your-own POUNDS of hot peppers... been there 3 years in a row for the festival and to the farm to pick before and after same.

Didnt even plant Bhut seeds this year because last year we picked 10lbs for less than the potting soil to plant them :rofl:
Awesome, I might need to make the trip! I just love growing in my small yard and love the pops of colors towards the fall. :)

I'm actually trying to make it up there this year! As a treat to myself/bday present!

I talked with him on the phone for a couple of hours,and by the end of our talk, it felt as if I knew him for several years. VERY nice man! Along with Ajijoe! In talking with both Mr. Weaver,and Ajijoe about the fest, I was amazed at what those two are doing up there together...I think the pink is Mr weaver's sons project? Don't quote me on that. They also have some other strains they've been working on for several years together. If I can make it to Bowers this year, I don't think i'll be dissappointed :)

Back