• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors Me on TV (fishing back in 04)

I was finally able to get a show I was lucky enough to be
on back in 04 up on Youtube. Sorry the quality isnt the best.Its a PBS show here in Michigan called Michigan out of Doors.

Ok, got it that time.

That's pretty cool, you looked perfectly at home on camera, too. Maybe you ought to apply for a job.

Nice video Tom, I was hoping to see a strike, you guys did hook up though thats all that matters...

Thanks Dick
I was hoping to get a rise to the fly on tape too,but funny
thing about the fish is I was about 20 or so yards away fishing
on the other side of a footbridge when I got that fish and my
cousin and the camera guy were downstream from me taping him talking.I was yelling hooked 1 hooked 1 but they didnt hear
me so I landed it and walked over to em saying look what i got. So we let the fish back out still hooked and I reeled it in :lol: guy told me you dont know how many times on a fishing story they do that :lol:

I tried fly fishing a long time ago and got to where I could place the fly pretty close to where I wanted it...used it for bream (panfish) fishing...tried it for Bass but found out the type cover I bass fished in was not suitable for fly fishing...besides the baits I was using was 8-10" plastic worms and lizards with 7-0 hooks....

the video is great...glad you caught some...

Living on the chesapeake bay I've been fishing and crabbing all my life, I've never been fly fishing though. The big thing down here is rockfish and sea trout. Mrs Paul's seafood is down the bay about 75 miles and thats what there fish sticks are made of, sea trout. They are pretty fun to catch. Have you ever heard off a toad fish?

Cool rockfish vid! What you dont see in my video is it was 90 some degrees out that day (terrible for trout fishing)
and not many fish were rising. I am just glad I got 1! :lol:

you did good man...

same stuff applies to bass fishin'...if the conditions ain't right, the fishin' is poor...

I know where paint creek is. Pretty close actually to me. However, I'm going to the Huron river next weekend and going pluggin for steelies. That's another OUTSTANDING Southeastern trout steam. Hoping to catch some steelies out of my canoe next weekend at the launch near I-75 just have to dodge icebergs:shocked::lol:. You should honestly try that area. AWESOME overlooked steelhead fishery!:cool:........Also, it's very good morel hunting out near here if you can identify elm trees in the woods. Getting geeked for that, but this time of year is when I try for steelies on the huron. Great vid by the way. I don't watch much TV, but I love the MI Out-Of-Doors!

Here's a pic of the mighty morel producing elm down here.(Found scouting for spots today. To early.)
Photo-0015.jpg
[/IMG]

This is just icefishin without flies:P:D
Photo-0011.jpg
In otherwords keep in touch. Would love to do some outdoor stuff man. Great vid by the way. You have more knowledge that I could ever know with flyfishing, but there's a whole outdoor paradise out here.

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
I was finally able to get a show I was lucky enough to be
on back in 04 up on Youtube. Sorry the quality isnt the best.Its a PBS show here in Michigan called Michigan out of Doors.

Hey cool,

By the way It's nice to see another Michigander.

Back