• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Mayan Love

Got these in the post today. First time as well. :woohoo:

DSC_9468.jpg

DSC_9470.jpg

Yes, good luck! Please keep us updated with photos.

This is a very interesting chile to me, as it is a bit of an enigma. I believe it is also known as the Coban or Copan chile. Certainly an ancient Mayan landrace variety.

I ordered some of those from tradewindsfruitstore.com and had very poor germination and the one sprout that made it isn't doing all that great. Everything else from that order did fine so I'm guessing I just made a few rookie mistakes or that chili is particularly difficult to grow. I'll probably try it again for 2012 but wont be holding my breath.

Good luck!!!

im growing some this year and now i want to even more sounds very interesting

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks guys. :dance:

Apparently they are a little more difficult that the other to get started, but after that do well. So we shall see how I do.

The first one to take hold I'm going to make a bonsai out of.

Chili actually is the hardest plant variety to germinate.

Once you can master germinating Chili, you are on you way to becomming an avid gardener.

Chili actually is the hardest plant variety to germinate.

Once you can master germinating Chili, you are on you way to becomming an avid gardener.

Chili pepper seeds are actually some of the easier seeds to germinate...

Are you comparing with other vegetable, herbs, flowers, grasses, tropicals ...?"

Greg

Hello Spuds, I got a few to germinate, also from Tradewinds that Belltold12 mentioned. I have largely ignored them so they are rather pathetic but it does show some determination. Here is a pic. The pods are larger than I thought they would be, still not ripe though.

Mike

Nov92011peppers077.jpg

Hello Spuds, I got a few to germinate, also from Tradewinds that Belltold12 mentioned. I have largely ignored them so they are rather pathetic but it does show some determination. Here is a pic. The pods are larger than I thought they would be, still not ripe though.

Mike

That looks good. :eek:

Have you tried any yet?

I did try an unripe with some coworkers. It struck me as unusual in that I had not tasted that before. It wasn't unappealing in anyway but I could not come up with why it was different. I am still waiting for ripe pods to follow up the taste.

Mike

Back