• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking May Day BBQ

Who says you can't have a party on a Monday? Of course, Mrs. JayT can't stand the smell or taste of anything smoked right now so that just means more for me! On the menu is a giant ribeye, four whole chicken legs, and a bunch of red and green jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon. Can ya dig it?

100_0452.jpg

100_0455.jpg

100_0459.jpg

100_0453.jpg

100_0458.jpg

All pics of steak must be cut open so we can rave or poo poo!

This post is on hold.

100_0461.jpg

100_0463.jpg

100_0460.jpg

100_0465.jpg

100_0466.jpg

Not done yet. Stay tuned.

Instead of using the grill as I normally would, I just popped the chicken and the poppers under the broiler for a couple minutes to crisp them up.

100_0467.jpg

100_0468.jpg

100_0469.jpg

I hate to admit this, but some of those poppers were much more bitey than I expected. I didn't open them up, just took whole peppers and wrapped them in bacon. No filling. It must be 'cuz I left the seeds in. Dats where da heets at. :lol:

Rib-eye, Chicken hind quarters, Poppers, Beer.

Wild thing.... You make my heart sing...
You make evrything, groovy...
Wild thing.... I think I love you...

I dig to be digging on poppers and steak.

Y mrs. jayt no likey the smokey smokey?

In case you are forgetting, she is with child, and her sense of smell is slightly above that of a Prison Warden's bloodhound's right now. She hates the smell of everything especially smoke. Therefore, no bbq for her.

Back