• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Making my first Defcon 1 wings today!!

I'm so ridiculously happy. My sauce shipment came in yesterday. I've tasted two straight tablespoons of the Defcon 1 and I'm already in love. I don't know what took me so damn long to try them. I can't decide if I want to put anything hotter in it to jazz it up, or leave the pure awesomeness alone. I may just put a teeny bit of Dave's Insanity in. We shall see. Anyway, I will report back after my meal in a few hours :).

I'm so ridiculously happy. My sauce shipment came in yesterday. I've tasted two straight tablespoons of the Defcon 1 and I'm already in love. I don't know what took me so damn long to try them. I can't decide if I want to put anything hotter in it to jazz it up, or leave the pure awesomeness alone. I may just put a teeny bit of Dave's Insanity in. We shall see. Anyway, I will report back after my meal in a few hours :).
The heat of the #1 cumulates the more you eat. I'd say use it straight first. Good luck in your culinary endeavor!

Oh! Great idea! I just popped them in the oven. I'll definitely take some pics to mark this monumental occasion. Creator - since you are the wise one to consult regarding your own products, I'll take your advice & do 'em straight first. Someone, I think it was JayT, said that he mixed in some fatalii sauce once & it turned out pretty good. I may try that next time. That sounds amazing!

So. Friggin'. Good.

165dd230.jpg

This is what a satisfied customer looks like:

4332f1b4.jpg

So, yeah, I'm ruined on other wing sauces now. I see a 32oz bottle in my near future. BTW - Hiccups started after the 5th wing :D.

Defcon wings are gooood. I've only got some 3 left now. I'm going to have to add something to spice it up with though.

Yes Impy it was me that added some fatalii puree to the mix. I have figured out my favorite combination. It is about half and half defcon 1&2 then a good splash of DM MKII (which we can't buy anymore unfortunately) a spoonful of fatalii puree and some cajun seasoning. That is my favorite after trying and mixing all kinds of different stuff. Of course #1 straight out the bottle is still better then any OTHER wings I have ever had.

wings look delicious...

agree on what has been said about DefCon 1

Impy...you said you might add some daves insanity to kick up the heat...IMO the only thing that will do besides make it hotter is to add that metallic aftertaste to the sauce...

I think the Creator is releasing some new DefCon Zero...if you want to kick up the heat of the DefCon 1, what better way to kick it up but with some DefCon Zero..

wings look delicious...

agree on what has been said about DefCon 1

Impy...you said you might add some daves insanity to kick up the heat...IMO the only thing that will do besides make it hotter is to add that metallic aftertaste to the sauce...

I think the Creator is releasing some new DefCon Zero...if you want to kick up the heat of the DefCon 1, what better way to kick it up but with some DefCon Zero..

I've considered picking up some sludge...just for fun. The Dave's I have is Total Insanity, which isn't as hot (to me) as the original, & doesn't have as much of the metallic extracty flavor.

JayT - experimenting w/ wing sauce sounds fun! I'm definitely going to get a bottle of 3 so I can make some for my bro & his fiance. They love wings, but they always get mild and/or parmesan garlic, lol.

Back