• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense LOTA BIH JOLOKIA

There's only one result on Google, and it's on eBay. :shocked:
Probably the standard Bih Jolokia + some lies. :)

Omri,

I found out this from ebay and I google it too. It said that the size of Lota Bih Jolokia about 1/2 - 3/4 inches width and long about 2 to 3 inches. Is this the same pepper called Naga Jolokia??

Omri,

I try to email Leena of Frontal Agritech to see if she can send me the picture of this pepper. Not sure how this pepper is going against Bih/Bhut Jolokia, Scorpion in term of hotness?? Hope to hear from them soon.

rainforest2 said:
Omri,

I try to email Leena of Frontal Agritech to see if she can send me the picture of this pepper. Not sure how this pepper is going against Bih/Bhut Jolokia, Scorpion in term of hotness?? Hope to hear from them soon.
*I* think it's the Bih Jolokia and not a new chile, but if it is... I'd like to get the details.

Omri,

Here is the email from the seller from ebay.com. The package is come from Frontal Agritech. It is well know for Bih Jolokia.

"the lota bih is also of the chinense family and the bih was used in its development so it holds extreme heat also. Therefore it is not as hot as the bih but is still above the old red savina in heat. The main difference is in the flavour and odour which are fruity but totally different to the bih. It also has an impressive length of burn and from our experiments will make a sauce with different characteristics. "

rainforest2 said:
Omri,

Here is the email from the seller from ebay.com. The package is come from Frontal Agritech. It is well know for Bih Jolokia.

"the lota bih is also of the chinense family and the bih was used in its development so it holds extreme heat also. Therefore it is not as hot as the bih but is still above the old red savina in heat. The main difference is in the flavour and odour which are fruity but totally different to the bih. It also has an impressive length of burn and from our experiments will make a sauce with different characteristics. "
lol, you should email Frontal Agritech, not the seller. :lol:

rainforest2 all i can say there no articles anywhere about this special bhutt and as buyer of chilli seeds of ebay and online sellers etc..you will see lots of twisted or completely different names for different chilli varietys..take the poinsetta chilli i ordered some seeds its also called `japanese hot claw` `claw of the eagle` i also bought some TAKANOTSUME seeds and lo and behold both plants are exactly the same..but you see they be sold under 4 or more different names..buyer beware always buddy ;)

I had a bunch of seeds from ebay in my first growing year that didn't germinate and obviously with seeds feedback is irrelevant. I did complain and they sent out more but I never made the same mistake again.

Here is the update of what I am waiting from Frontal Agritech below.

LT

The lotabih is having the flavour similar to bih or bhut. Its pungency is about 5,00,000SHUs. This is also regarded as an extremely hot variety.
Leena
Frontal Agritech Pvt. Ltd.
Post Box 45
Jail Road, Ambikagiri Nagar
Jorhat 785 001, Assam, India

Anyone know about Frutecens with heat scale to 500K??? As the last email from Frontal Agritech that it is Frutecens and they said the flavor is just like Bih Jolokia. I never heard that Frutecens has so much heat 500K.

Back