grills Looks like this will be my Kamado Grill

Oops. He got the stone. Cool.

Pizza has to be the appetizer though. Gotta utilize that good fire for some ribs and good que. Maybe lunch... then dinner, ha. Or in reverse, que, then a pizza. ;)

The Hot Pepper said:
Oops. He got the stone. Cool.

Pizza has to be the appetizer though. Gotta utilize that good fire for some ribs and good que. Maybe lunch... then dinner, ha. Or in reverse, que, then a pizza. ;)
Yes that will most likely be the order lol

After 3 hours last night it is finished. The quality looks great and I can't wait to break it in on my day off Tuesday. 

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 106
Nice! Much nicer than mine!

Whats the first smoke?

Did you order it from the manufacturer? I forget. If so did it come with jesus papers?

I ordered the stone from them and when it arrived it had some jesus stuff in it. I was mildly bothered by that and when I called to let them know somebody was sticking this stuff in with orders they told me it is policy set by the owners of char broil, they are very religious....

Odd... and horrible from a business POV.

Enjoy it and the lord SR!

PrimeTime said:
Nice! Much nicer than mine!

Whats the first smoke?

Did you order it from the manufacturer? I forget. If so did it come with jesus papers?

I ordered the stone from them and when it arrived it had some jesus stuff in it. I was mildly bothered by that and when I called to let them know somebody was sticking this stuff in with orders they told me it is policy set by the owners of char broil, they are very religious....

Odd... and horrible from a business POV.

Enjoy it and the lord SR!
I ordered mine online with Home Depot. I like this one over the others because of the cart. I also purchased the stone for smoking. I'm going to also get an 18 inch weber grate for the lower part when I'm smoking so I can have an extra cooking surface.

I learned a valuable lesson last night after burning my hand and wrist area. You need a good pair of welders gloves when cooking on one of these. I even opened it up slowly like they said in the directions and still got a serious burn. 

Im pretty sure I seasoned mine before use.

That sucks about your burn brutha! I never had that happen or I would have given you a heads up.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Did you season it prior to cooking or does it not require that? As for the lesson, it sucks but I too have learned it.....more than once
Yes I did. Here is what it looks like.
PrimeTime said:
Im pretty sure I seasoned mine before use.

That sucks about your burn brutha! I never had that happen or I would have given you a heads up.
My cooking grate is seasoned nice. I have lots of experience seasoning old cast iron skillets,dutch ovens etc...

Attachments

• burn.jpg
    burn.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 101
You know that's really not the way to season your grill ;) . No, joking aside it's a pretty burnt wrist you've got there. Fireman's gloves would be good, I think, or welder's gloves.

Damn!

I never had a problem, so sorry that happened.

Make sure you post some pics of....other meats....you cook on it...

Get some ointment on that thing!

Nulle said:
You know that's really not the way to season your grill ;) . No, joking aside it's a pretty burnt wrist you've got there. Fireman's gloves would be good, I think, or welder's gloves.
I ordered some welders gloves. I will be using them tomorrow on my day off when I fire up the Kamado lol.

Fresh herbs from the garden going on the leg of lamb for the Kamado today. Also some ribs and then while there is still some heat maybe break it in on a pizza with the stone.

Attachments

• herbs.jpg
    herbs.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 99
Nice! How did she go? Tiny adjustments on the top and bottom vents make big differences right? My ex used to laugh at the tweaks I would do...and...shes an ex

What a strange mix of food. :lol:

Looks good.

PrimeTime said:
Nice! How did she go? Tiny adjustments on the top and bottom vents make big differences right? My ex used to laugh at the tweaks I would do...and...shes an ex
Yes I'm learning how to play with the top and bottom vents to regulate the heat. I'm sure after a few more times I will get it down. 
The Hot Pepper said:
What a strange mix of food. :lol:

Looks good.
I've been dying for some lamb which is my favorite meat since I was raised on it as a Greek. Also I've never made ribs that cook low and slow for 4-5 hours and I was dying to try it on the Kamado. My 16 year olds favorite meal is pizza. He made it and I cooked it and couldn't resist having a piece. It tastes really good on the grill. I got the grill up to 650* for 15 minutes for the pizza. 

PrimeTime said:
Its a new toy Boss, let him play!!!!

Looks great brutha and hope the paw is on the mend!
Yes and my new welders gloves are great.  :cheers:

And where else can you go and get leg of lamb, ribs and pizza ? There was something for everyone tonight with a smoked flavor in their food. 

And those fresh herbs from the garden were great on the lamb. 

Back