• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Logchief's 2011 Grow

Now that's a bunch of great looking peppers. Do you plan on isolating any of them to get some seeds that will grow true?

Now that's a bunch of great looking peppers. Do you plan on isolating any of them to get some seeds that will grow true?

Thanks Patrick. I wish I had room to isolate, I get one grow area on the side of the house and the rest of the yard is landscaped. I wish I could landscape it with peppers, tomatos and squash.

Everybody got moved off the patio and over to their permanent home for the summer

2a9787p.jpg

These guys are from CCN and letting them get a little bigger and better root ball in the #1 pots. The Biker Billy, Peter and Big Jims will go into pots and the rest are sweets that wll go in this raised box along with a few other veges.

2nkrqs3.jpg

Looking great LC!
Good to see the babies are getting some outside time!
Ya wont be able to stroll down that sidewalk much longer!
Them guys will have it covered up!!

:lol:
Kevin

Well it's been fun and easy up to now, like everybody issues come up. Looks like I'm dealing with a good dose of Bacterial Spot. It's showing up on at least 50% of my plants.

I checked with some local growers and it's apparently prevalent this year on lots of veges

Here is a Brain Strain

153wnqv.jpg

nyfupf.jpg

This is one of my Rocotos, all of them have these spots

15ckksk.jpg

Recommendation was to use a copper fungicide, which I'm going to give a shot.

Everybody got moved off the patio and over to their permanent home for the summer

Looks like a nice place to raise peppers they will love that raise bed for sure

Well it's been fun and easy up to now, like everybody issues come up. Looks like I'm dealing with a good dose of Bacterial Spot. It's showing up on at least 50% of my plants.
I checked with some local growers and it's apparently prevalent this year on lots of veges
Recommendation was to use a copper fungicide, which I'm going to give a shot.

Thats too bad bud hope the copper fungicide clears it up for ya good luck.
:cheers:(but not with that Keystone Light):lol: Bud-wies-er! :lol:

Man, they were loving life over on the patio. I wonder if the move had any influence? Those bad boys got spoiled there on the prime side mebbe. Hopefully something they will grow through with the fungicide treatment.

Sorry Steve, ain't no Butt Wiper here, can't do Anheiser Busch products :beer: :beer:

:lol: Hey that "Butt Wiper" is the King of beers! :lol: anyway i went to a buddy's sunday for cookout and decided to pick up some them stones not bad not bad for a light beer and holy crap dam cheap 2 11.89 for a 30 pack. Dont think ill be switchen but they are worthy of a :cheers: :dance:

Getting back for 2 days R&R after being on the road for 3 weeks this is what I came home to. Mrs Logchief did a great job of taking care of the brood.

Yellow Finger, this plant has about 2 dozen pods of varying sizes, this being on of the largest. Got the seed from Boutrous, looking forward trying it

2hhqcg1.jpg

Yellow Finger plant

5caz5g.jpg

CPI Nu Mex 6-4 pods, got lots of these little guys

a5i0qx.jpg

Brain Strain in the middle. BS, T Scorp and Habs have lots of flowers, no pods yet.

2h3ybkx.jpg

Some of the plants took a hit from the bacterial spot, a few of them are getting some new growth back, especially the Rocottos, getting pretty purple flowers. Three of the CPI annums really took gas, Not sure about their fate.

33w6p89.jpg

Well it's off to Texas for another 2-3 week assignment tomorrow. They'll be in Mrs. Logchief's caring hands again and I'll get to come home to more pods, hope, hope. She does send pics.

Oh and the Hungarialn Black. It's got 10 or so pods and gonna sample one later.

kbqdep.jpg

Thanks, SS. There's 3 or 4 IMHO are questionsble, but one (rocotto) is starting a lot of new growth, but the 3 annums. we'll see. Maybe have surprises when I get back.

please tell the copper you used and details of applicatorating

:crazy:

It's called Liqui-Cop (pretty blue color, don't get it on anything), mixed according to directions and foliar sprayed. Trick is to get it under the leaves as well as on top.

Looking good LC. Glad to see ya made it back home to your babies :)

Thanks Mike, for a short visit anyway. They got TLC today, but it's also 106, but cooling down to the low 90s in a couple of days for a few days.

Back