• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting Lighting

I'm toying around with the idea of getting this:

http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-4-Foot-Start-Light-System/dp/B0001XLSGQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1309385706&sr=8-2

It's not a whole lot of cash and seems like it's a decent product, plus it comes with bulbs. Would I be better off just buying a cheap fluorescent fixture and building my own stand out of PVC? Or build some sort of stand to mount spot/shop style lights on? I'm looking to put some light on two 72 cell trays (the 10x20 ish ones) and like the idea of easy, non-permanent, hassle free options.

For that price i reckon go for it. After all the stuffing around buying lights, pvc whatever else it would be heaps easier just to buy imo.

For that price its not too bad ... man Garden stuff in the US is cheap and the range is huge compared with here. Looking at propagation mats etc ... :eek:

For that price i reckon go for it. After all the stuffing around buying lights, pvc whatever else it would be heaps easier just to buy imo.

I dont' know about the light fixture but you can build a good sturdy frame with PVC...

home depot prices..

2 90's = 2.50
2 10' Pieces of 1.5" Sch 40 PVC = 9.10
2 T's = 3.20
4 Couplings = 2.44

= $17.24

if you have PVC glue, you will only have to buy the light and fixtures...and I betcha yours will be a lot more reliable than the one on amazon...

Back